Pages: 1
RSS
newly created message list tabs do not show up

This tab question is moved over from the filter side.
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum5/topic13340/Stevem
The  tabs under the message list have been quirky.   I have not  figured out  how to make them stick, rather than vanish upon creation.  And whether  they are supposed to be variable to the specific folders,  rather than  global.  

Daniel
You can right-click on a tab and use the context menu to make it permanent.

=======================================

First, even on the tabs I have, I don't see what is "permanent" versus non-permanent.
All the tabs seem to operate globally, all message lists. Which is fine.

However, I am trying to create the Tab:

Message List --> Tabs

I've tried Create New Tab and Configure then Add

(I actually have two created, p[lus. and I can change their names-filtering, etc. So at one time it worked for me.)
The tabs All and Information are System.

When I am done and hit "OK" .. nothing happens, it does not show up on the Tabs.

It is all rather strange.  Any help appreciated.

Steven

First, even on the tabs I have, I don't see what is "permanent" versus non-permanent.

When I create a tab it is by using Search (or Quick Search), which shows its results as a filtered message list. I then right-click on its tab and use 'Save for permanent use' if I want to keep the tab forever.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks. I think I did that before, which is how I got the couple of tabs I have.

There seems to be a problem in what seems to be the ordinary way. of adding tabs.

Similarly, I have seen problems in adding  Message List Views.  (I create a spare duplicate just in case something vanishes, I generally only want one custom-made view that I try to apply globally.)

For a mature program, those have been my biggest two puzzles.

Plus stuff like access violations.  Granted, trying to have a real techie program run on so many OS configurations is not easy, so I am less concerned about the occasional error message, if there is no harm, no foul.
Edited: Steven Avery - 13 January 2019 16:18:10

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:

When I create a tab it is by using Search (or Quick Search), which shows its results as a filtered message list. I then right-click on its tab and use 'Save for permanent use' if I want to keep the tab forever.

After a Search the " filtered message list" comes up with the "Message Finder" page -

Options - Results - Advanced  --  on top.tabs  
My tabs below on "Results"  showing the messages.

And I can "Create a New Tab"

However, I have not found "Save for permanent use"

What am I missing?  I even put "Save for permanent use" in a search.

Thanks!
Edited: Steven Avery - 17 January 2019 23:21:11

You create a new tab, then right-click on it and make it permanent.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
You create a new tab, then right-click on it and make it permanent.
Although I can go through the motions to create the tab, either with main menu or search menu, either with create a new new tab or go into Configure-->New, it simply is not showing up on the tab row. After I hit OK nothing happens.

So I think I will have to send in to Ritlabs.

Although I might try fast switching to another puter .. I am sort of doing that anyway.
I know I created a couple of tabs on an earlier puter a while back (they are still there.)

====================
Bat ver 8.7
Windows 10 Search

Tools --> Search
Options --> (search data) - Start
Message Finder Results Page - some emails show
Right click on tab row
Create a Tab - New - Tabname (alternate method, Configure and then New)
Make entries in General-List-Filger
"OK"

==================

No tab shows.

Steven

When you go to Workspace | Message List Tabs, is 'Show Message List Tabs' marked? From there you can also create tabs, and make them permanent.

Or try this:

Go to the Inbox of a regular mail account.
Ensure that the Quick Search box is active (if not: Workspace | Toolbars).
Type a common word (e.g. 'the' or '.com') into the quick search box and press enter.
The message list will be filtered by the word that you entered and the filter will show as a tab.
Right-click on the tab and pick 'save for permanent use'.
Pages: 1