Pages: 1
RSS
TheBat won't start, any help ?

I am unable to open the bat. I recently switched to a new pc, so went from Windows 7 to 10. I then got the latest version of the bat. IT had problems at the start, but the Christmas edition seemed to work fine But now all I get is the logo screen and nothing happens. I have installed previous versions of the bat, but its all the same, none of the versions will open. It was working perfect yesterday, then it crashed and wouldn't open after that

Try if it works when you put /nologo at the end of the command line that launches The Bat. The command line (in the properties of your The Bat shortcut) would then look similar to this:

"C:\Program Files\The Bat!\thebat64.exe" /nologo
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I tried that already, but it doesn't work

Check your version number of Windows 10.  I reported in another topic that I had problems with v1809, while 1803 works fine with The Bat!

With v1809, The Bat! would sometimes start briefly, then exit.  Other times, it would start into the application but would not connect with my IMAP server.

I am using 1803 and still the bat will not run..

Have you tried if it works when you....:

- Run The Bat with Administrator privileges?
- Run The Bat in Windows 7 compatibility mode?
- Turn off DEP (data execution prevention) in Windows 10 for The Bat?
- Turn off your anti-virus/anti-malware (you may want to disconnect from internet before you do this)
- Have started Windows in Safe mode?
- Use the 32-bit version of The Bat?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hello,

did someone found fix for this problem?
Everything work fine and sudenly i cant start program.
I see in task manager that program is on 20% of procesor usage, 200 MB ram, but it doesnt start any window.

I have tried every possbile fix that i can find on forum, but nothing. And i dont wnat to reinstal windows yust for one program that doesnt work.

Your problem isn't for forum users. This is a bug. Please connect with support - https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/ and tell us what they tell you and you have done.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Jakub Opletal wrote:
I see in task manager that program is on 20% of procesor usage, 200 MB ram, but it doesnt start any window.

I have tried every possbile fix that i can find on forum, but nothing.

Are you positive that you have tried the /NOLOGO command line option?

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Jakub Opletal wrote:

I have tried every possbile fix that i can find on forum, but nothing.

Are you positive that you have tried the /NOLOGO command line option?
yes i did with 64 and also with 32 bit version.

Is The Bat already running? I've seen this before where The Bat seemed to close, but it was running. You can look for it in Task Manager. If it's still running but not visible, use Task Manager to kill it, then try starting it again.
Pages: 1