Pages: 1
RSS
Forwarding destroys the original message, Forwarding destroys the original message

When I forward a message, the client destroys the original message.  What is viewed in the forward message is nothing like the original message.
I see Forward template under account properties, bit no idea what to change to make it work right.  
Suggestions?

Found the best method was to forward the message as attachment.

You said the client destroys the original message.' Are you referring to recipient of email? If so, the problem seems to be on that persons PC, not on yours. TB! forwards mail routinely with no problems, so it may help to hear more details on your problem. Please share. Thanks,

david

Forward an email to Yahoo mail or outlook and the original message is a mess.  Often without embedded formatting and images.  If I forward a message to the bat from yahoo mail or outlook, it looks like the original email in the bat.  This also occurred when I used Version 6.

More information may help. I forwarded a message to outlook and it viewed the same as on TB!. This doesn't sound like a problem of TB!, but more info may help.

david kirk wrote:
More information may help. I forwarded a message to outlook and it viewed the same as on TB!. This doesn't sound like a problem of TB!, but more info may help.
What more info would you like?

It sounds like you're trying to forward a HTML message in text format.

When you go to Options | Message Format in your editor window (i.e. the window that you get after you have pressed Forward), you can sel ect HTML or HTML+Plain Text and that should restore the formatting (you can probably also change the text format fr om the window's status bar). If you want to use HTML or HTML+Plain Text as your default editing format, look in the main program under Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor to make the desired format your default editor.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1