Pages: 1
RSS
Gmail Re-Authentication Again and Again... and Again, The Bat keeps asking all my GMAIL IMAPs to re-authenticate every other day

Anyone with this issue and Gmail?

I have several Gmail IMAPs connected to TheBat but every other day I'm being asked to re-authenticate the access with this browser window pop-up.

You can imagine how much work it is when you have more than a couple of accounts to manage.

I thought it would happen once because of my IP change or something, but it's not the case.

I have same accounts authenticated with Thunderbird and it has never happened.

It pretty much makes the software unusable because of time waste associated with this issue.

Anyone?
Edited: b3ka123 - 13 February 2019 21:46:51

This is partly due to user's settings in Gmail. You need to be sure that you have Gmail (via gmail website) set to allow other clients - it's a security warning type issue called 'third party access' as I recall. That usually resolves the conflict and must be done for each account. I have had it on occasion when updating TB!, I don't think it's a TB! issue but a Gmail security issue.  Yes, it's annoying until resolved. Good luck.

david

david kirk wrote:
This is partly due to user's settings in Gmail. You need to be sure that you have Gmail (via gmail website) set to allow other clients - it's a security warning type issue called 'third party access' as I recall. That usually resolves the conflict and must be done for each account. I have had it on occasion when updating TB!, I don't think it's a TB! issue but a Gmail security issue.  Yes, it's annoying until resolved. Good luck.

david
Clearly, if you are talking about initial access for The Bat software I do it with each account, it's part of the set up process. It's the same in Thunderbird.

The thing is, after everything is set and enabled, the very same account is being asked to authenticate once again, and again and again. Not every single time I try to get new email, but I think every one or two weeks.

It never happens in Thunderbird, once you allow it to access your GMAIL, you are set for life.

And I just checked the random problematic gmail account setup and 3rd party apps. The Bat is still with access ENABLED. But opening the account in desktop TheBat client still asks for access - just like it was a new setup. Once I re-authenticate it will continue working for a couple of days, then it will ask again.
Edited: Bejka Beka - 13 February 2019 23:19:52

I think Gmail is instituting new standards for its package across the board. I have experienced an issue here and there in the past few weeks while these handshake issues settle. Given the frequency of your reminders, I would delete account, delete all files, clear cache, try a fresh install from The Bat side.  
Pages: 1