Pages: 1
RSS
How to preserve embedded pictures in Forwards and Edit as new?, How to preserve embedded pictures in Forwards and Edit as new?

Hello,

Whenever I receive and email with embedded pictures and try to forward it or edit it as new, the pictures are not present in the new email (even as I try to prepare them).  Is there a setting somewhere to fix this?  TB v8.8.

Thanks

It sounds like you're forwarding or editing in plain text mode. The received HTML message will keep embedded photo only if the message remains HTML.

When I'm editing/preparing the forwarded or edit as new message there's a popup menu at the bottom of the page in the status bar that offers a choice of "Plain Text (Micro Ed)", "Plain Text (Windows)", "HTML/Plain text", and "HTML only".  I've tried each of them but I do not see the embedded pictures that were in the original in the forward or edit as new email I'm trying to send.  Now maybe they'll be there when the recipient actually gets them, but shouldn't I also be seeing them as I prepare the email?  Is there some other place I should be selecting HTML?

Your problem may be where you're looking for the photo. If you forward in plain text mode, the HTML message (including photo) is an attachment. I suggest you forward a message to yourself to see the result. When sending in plain text mode, you should see an attachment listed.
Pages: 1