Pages: 1
RSS
Crashing The bat, Access Violation

Note from Daniel (your stupid, stupid moderator): Александр, I am very sorry but I mistakenly ruined your opening post, and I cannot restore it! I meant to reply to it, but I must have used the wrong command and I edited your original message instead. Again, my apologies! The result of my interference is shown below..

The client constantly began to crash with the error "Access violation at address 0071DFC0 in module 'thebat.exe'. Read of address 0000000C".

Something must have changed that caused this error to happen. Did you change anything about your systems, maybe update windows or your antivirus? Did you change the configuration of The Bat? If the only thing that changed is the message base (simply because you sent and received messages) then maybe you should use the "Maintenance Center" in The Bat to verify the integrity of your message base.
Edited: Александр Дубойский - 04 March 2019 19:39:53

With that many changes in attempting get TB! working, I suggest you do a full uninstall and then download and install latest version, the goal being to establish a baseline on a version that works. And more support is likely available when working with current version. Good luck.

david

Александр Дубойский wrote:
Something must have changed that caused this error to happen. Did you change anything about your systems, maybe update windows or your antivirus? Did you change the configuration of The Bat? If the only thing that changed is the message base (simply because you sent and received messages) then maybe you should use the "Maintenance Center" in The Bat to verify the integrity of your message base.

The computer has reinstalled Windows. Client version 8.X is installed. Because of him, mail started to work incorrectly. It has been completely removed including registry cleaning. Then, client version 4.0.14 is installed as on all computers in the office. Since then, the same “Access violation” error started popping up and the client began to crash. This is all that happened on the computer before the problem appeared. At the beginning, I thought that the problem might be in the new format of the indexes that were created during the installation of version 8.X, but I deleted them, but the problem remained

I think this will be very difficult to solve. My guess is that some other file in your Mail folder (maybe a configuration file) that was written by v8 is incompatible with v4, causing the error. I assume that you do not have a backup that you could restore. Maybe you should just upgrade this one machine to v8 to get it to work again? Alternatively, maybe you can use a tool like Process Monitor (freeware from Microsoft SysInternals) to see which files seem to be involved in the crash, and then compare those files to similar files from an unchanged v4-system in the office?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi,
I get the following errors in the log file thebat64_Exceptions.log:

"Access violation at address 000000000040F9D5 in module  'thebat64.exe'. Read of address FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF"
"Invalid  HTML encoded character (&n) at position 51"

"Access violation" error occurred 33723 times.
"Invalid  HTML... " error occurred 99 times.

The Bat! version 8.8.2
Size of the log file : 89Mbyte

The Bat! was reinstalled clean with completely new e-mail database.
All the errors collected in just 2 days of using the Bat!

is there something I need to know to prevent these errors?

Thank you.

I have the same issues,

Also uninstalled/reinstalled and restored a backup archive.

Seemed to start after updating a template, bit is consistent across all folders when sending mail.

A.

Guys, don't feel that TB is picking on you..!   I have 8 clients in use and 5 of them has this crash frequently.  Two of them crash several times a day.  All windows 10 with a mix of Dell, Acer and Huhwai machines of various ages.

Ritlabs have been receiving log dumps from me every couple of months and they seem not to be able to fix the problem.

Have you tried removing all Google accounts and all links to Google contacts in the address book? It did the trick for me.
Edited: Rob Mebus - 23 May 2019 20:13:56
Pages: 1