Pages: 1
RSS
How to see newest message in any folder by default?

In Outlook the focus will always be on the newest message usually at the very top of your Inbox. Is it possible to get The Bat to do this and if so how?

All answers gratefully received as not being able to do this has proven very embarrassing recently!

Charles

One way is to create a virtual folder of the unread messages across all your folders.

Ron,
Thank you hadn't thought of that tackling it from that angle.

Charles

To see the most recent messages, why not just set the message list pane to display by received date? By clicking the 'Received' button, TB! resorts the message list. And once done, it stays that way.

david

David,

Thank you very much. Obvious when you know how!

Hope you are keeping well.

Charles

Ron Cohn wrote:
One way is to create a virtual folder of the unread messages across all your folders.

I do it this way, and it is very hazardous.

When you enter the virtual folder, you will land on an unread message..... Makes sense, right?

The issue is, if you have "Mark Messages as Read after" set to 0 seconds. (I do and have forever).

Once you you move off that message or out of the folder, it is gone! Poof! If you didn't catch the details of the message, you'll have a very hard time finding it again.

It would be very nice if you could set the "Mark Messages as read" time separately for Virtual Folders. I've actually stopped using my Unread Virtual folder because of this.
Pages: 1