Pages: 1
RSS
Changing message font size on fly

I have a new problem. A person that has started regularly emailing me send his messages in a small font.  I'd like to increase that font for easier reading but can't find a way to do that only when I need to for his messages. While I've seen occasional small fonts show up I've not thought too much about it but now I get them regularly and they are frequently a number of paragraphs.

Anyone found a way to change html font size on a message just for that message?

I did find a workaround. Since I have TB set to receive both html and text I can click on Text and have my text settings a larger font size. That should be adequate for this sender but it would still be nice if there is some way to zoom html messages.
Edited: Larry Wing - 14 April 2019 19:10:42 (Edit for additional information)

When you're viewing a HTML message, you can right-click in it and choose Zoom-In and Zoom-Out fromthe context menu.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

That's what I thought too but zooming isn't an option in html, just text.

TB v 8.8.2

Well, it works for me with TB Pro 32b v8.5.4.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Go to View - > Untick Plain Text Viewer.

Then you can right click and zoom in/out

Plain text viewer wasn't checked but turned it on and then off just to check but that didn't make a difference.

I'll submit a tech support ticket and see what they say.

Larry Wing wrote:
I have a new problem. A person that has started regularly emailing me send his messages in a small font.  I'd like to increase that font for easier reading but can't find a way to do that only when I need to for his messages. While I've seen occasional small fonts show up I've not thought too much about it but now I get them regularly and they are frequently a number of paragraphs.

Anyone found a way to change html font size on a message just for that message?

I did find a workaround. Since I have TB set to receive both html and text I can click on Text and have my text settings a larger font size. That should be adequate for this sender but it would still be nice if there is some way to zoom html messages.

When viewing HTML, I just use <ctrl><+> or <ctrl><-> like I do in a regular browser. Works great.

I finally figured out the keyboard you mention. I also heard back from support that holding the ctrl and turning the mouse wheel will zoom text.

Still leaves the question why it's not shown as an option in html messages from the context menu. I guess maybe because it is html?

In any event, question answered.
Pages: 1