Pages: 1
RSS
Messages Marked as SPAM in the Subject Line

I am receiving messages with the world [SPAM] in the subject line. I do not like to have incoming messages marked this way and prefer to decide myself what is SPAM and what is not. Is there  way to turn this off?

I doubt if The Bat has anything to do with that.. more likely, it's a spam filter running on your provider's mailserver that marks the messages as spam.
Do you see any filters under Options | Preferences | Plug-Ins? Are you running any anti-malware software that filters spam?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

It has to have something to do with The Bat because I do not have this problem when I download messages on my phone or when I log in through web mail and I did not have the problem until I installed the new version of The Bat. If it is something that is coded at the server level, it is being interpreted by The Bat and wasn't in my previous set up.

Good. If it's not a spam filter at your provider, the other part of my reply applies:

"Do you see any filters under Options | Preferences | Plug-Ins? Are you running any anti-malware software that filters spam?"
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I have this same problem.
I recently posted an ad to sell some items on Craigslist
The emailed responses I received had [SPAM] added to the subject line of the response
I checked the Options, Preferences, Plug-ins as suggested in post #2 but I have no plug-ins, just bare bones Bat!
Did the OP get this resolved?
Any other ideas?

Roger Doger wrote:
Any other ideas?

Most modern antivirus/antimalware programs intercept pop3/imap traffic in your computer, and has the ability to modify subject lines (for instance to alert you to the presence of a virus).  Are you running any such software that might scan your email for spam?  

If not, I'd still suspect a process running at your provider (btw, if their webmail does not show those changed subject lines, I don't think that this implies that their pop3/imap interfaces won't do so either).

If you have accounts at multiple providers, maybe you should start by sending yourself a 'spammy' message at both (or more) of your accounts, to see if their subject lines suffer the same fate.
Pages: 1