Pages: 1
RSS
Moving from 2.04.7 to 8.8.9

Hello,

I have The Bat 2.04.7 installed on Windows XP. Now I need to move the messages and all the configuration to the current version of The Bat (8.8.9). The problem is I cannot use: Tools -> Backup becouse this ancient version has the limitation of file size = 2GB and I have about 15GB of data to backup. What can I do?

You don't have to use The Bat's backup function. You can also use your regular backup program to back up your mail folder (or, simply make a copy of it).
If you don't know the location of your mail folder, see Options | Preferences | System.

Additionally, you may want to back up your settings, which are stored in the Registry. For that, you can use the utility that fellow user David Kirk made. He made it available at: https://davidkirk.org/thebat/ (note the password on that page).

I myself upgraded from v3.64 to v7.4 less than two years ago, also on an XP system, and it went 100% trouble-free. It simply installed over the existing installation and everything kept working (filters, keyboard shortcuts, etc).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1