Pages: 1
RSS
Mail ticker does not display, Trying to resolve lack of mail ticker display

I have mail ticker set to automatic
I have new mail set to remain unread until opened in a separate window
I have new mail in the inbox
I have observed animated bat in tray icon but have yet to see mail ticker

Am I overlooking a setting?

Running trial version, really want to buy but trying to work out the kinks first. Definitely an email client with a learning curve.

If you are overlooking a setting, it's probably in "Options | Preferences | Message List | Mail Ticker". For instance, you may not have activated the ticker for any of your inboxes (press the 'Folders...' button there).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you, definitely a setting I had not clicked on. I just checked it though and boxes next to the account and the inbox are both checked.

When is the ticker supposed to be active beyond having unread mail? ie. when Bat! is minimized, is the active window, closed?
Edited: Roger Doger - 09 September 2019 20:22:46 (More info)

I notice also that even when set to Display Mail Ticker "Always" it says 0 new messages and that when I go back to folders under Mail Ticker to check what is selected the root account box is unchecked even though the subfolders remain checked.

I hope someone else chimes in to answer those questions - I don't actually use the ticker, myself, and so do not have the answers..
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Seems to be working now.
I suspect possibly that checking the boxes next to account folder you pointed out to me fixed it and it only began displaying ticker on new mail arriving after having checked those boxes even though new mail was already in the inbox.
Thank you!

Glad to hear that it's working now. Yes, your explanation makes sense!

I faced the same issue and i tried others way to succeed and they are showing the right path.
Pages: 1