Pages: 1
RSS
Zoom in Preview, Unable to set a default zoom level in the preview windows

I am in my trial period.  I have been using eM Client for a number of years, but more and more have had IMAP sync issues with Gmail.  Tried another ISP but still the same problems in eM Client.  Moved back to Gmail.  

So have been looking at Thunderbird (don't like) and Postbox (better).  Came across The Bat!  Very interesting although looks very antiquated!  So far I have spent half a day getting it all to my liking.  However, one thing that is really bugging me is that I have a 3440 x 1440 dpi monitor.  The preview is so small and yes I have found the "zoom in" control, but it only works for the session. I cannot find a way to make this the default?  

Any ideas greatly received.  

I don't know what a HTML preview would look like on a high-resolution screen like yours, and I'm not aware of a permanent zoom setting that you could use, but The Bat's makers seem convinced that it works well as-is. They adapted the program to hi-res screens a few years ago, at version 7.4, of which they said:

"We have made significant changes to make The Bat! v7.4 look on ultra-high-definition 4K monitors as good as it does on ordinary ones. The users of regular monitors who have configured Windows to scale the user interface, for example, by 150%, will also benefit from these improvements in The Bat!"

Which screen division mode are you using in The Bat? (Workspace | Window Split Mode)   Personally, I use and recommend "full height account tree" which gives me a small, full height Folders panel on the left, and on the right I have the message list on top, occupying about 2/5ths of the window's height, and the current message below it, which takes 3/5ths of the height and so makes the biggest section of my screen. This way I never have to 'open' messages to read them; I can simply scroll through the message list and read them.

I view all messages in txt format by default, but I have a small html-tab at the bottom of each html message to switch to html view. There are two ways to view html: securely using The Bat's internal interpreter, or through Internet Explorer's interpreter (Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer).

This doesn't really answer your question (I don't think there really is an answer) but maybe it will give you some ideas of things that you could try.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yep, you can't store zoom level of your preview. But you can up size of your font in text-emails (for HTML it not works).

https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/b9940274-08c8-4c30-9cee-33ad01a3c1b2/10.02.2019-15.18.png

Write to support about this feature.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1