Pages: 1
RSS
Automatic Reply - send from

Hi!

I have a "catch all" in one of my email addresses (example@example.com). So if an email is sent to 1234@example.com (or whatever @example.com) then I receive this email in example@example.com .

I need to set up an automatic reply function for this email (example@example.com) . However, when setting up the automatic reply, when the email is sent from abc@abc.com to 1234@example.com and received in my example@example.com , then the automatic reply is sent to abc@abc.com from example@example.com and not from 1234@example.com .

How could I set it up to be sent from 1234@example.com ?
Is there a macro to be used in the template for this? Could I use it to take the email address from "sent to" and use it in the automatic reply for "send from"?

Thank you

I haven't tried this, but wouldn't %FROM=%OTOADDR work?

How are you going to implement this - as a "Reading confirmation"-template in the Properties of your account, or as a quick template, or as an automatic filter?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:

How are you going to implement this - as a "Reading confirmation"-template in the Properties of your account, or as a quick template, or as an automatic filter?
I will try %FROM=%OTOADDR later this evening and will let you know.

I will probably implement as a quick template. In fact, I haven't decided yet between quick template or automatic filter. Will try and will get back.

Thank you  

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Just tried it now in a quick template as an automatic reply. And it worked!

The automatic reply was sent to abc@abc.com coming from 1234@example.com .

However, I checked the inbox of abc@abc.com and it looks like the email was received as from 1234 (1234@example.com) . It's still fine, but would like to know if you have any idea of a macro in the quick template so the email will be received as from aSpecificName (1234@example.com).

Thank you  

I would try: %OTONAME <%OTOADDR>
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1