Pages: 1
RSS
How do I upgrade a version?, Upgrading from v8.7 to v8.8.9

Hello,

I'm looking for a little assistance if possible please.

I am currently using The Bat! v8.7 (Christmas Edition) 64bit with an encrypted message base.
I have downloaded the thebat_64_8-8-9.msi file and now wish to upgrade to TB v8.8.9

This process has been done by me many times, but I have gone and drawn a blank on how best to do this tonight... my memory fails me and the notes I made from previous upgrades are unfortunately elsewhere.

Is this just a case of running the new v8.8.9.msi and installing over the top of my current version, or should I uninstall and then reinstall the new version?
A complete backup has been made already.

This will be done in Wine on a Linux machine, but this has not caused any problems in the past.

I thank you in advance for any help that you may be able to offer me.

Dan

Dan Dare wrote:
Is this just a case of running the new v8.8.9.msi and installing over the top of my current version, or should I uninstall and then reinstall the new version?

The former -- just let the installer install the new version over your current version (of course, The Bat should not be running whilst you do this).

A complete backup has been made already.

Good! :)

Dan

-Likewise-
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you for taking the time to reply Dan,
I very much appreciate it.

Dan

Well... that was quick and simple.

I like it when computers behave like that.

All done and dusted with a nice new v8.8.9

Goodnight from Dan
Pages: 1