Pages: 1
RSS
Toolbars in TB9

Hi all!
I've just upgraded TB to version 9. By the way, there a couple of things I lost from my previous configuration, and I can't find out how to restore them.

1st: How to lock the toolbars? In the previous version there was the button under "Workpace > Toolbars > Lock Toolbars". Now there isn't..

2nd: How to add to the toolbars the buttons "Mark as read" / "Mark as unread"? I managed to do this in TB8, but now toolbars do not allow me to choose whether to display labels or not, just blank buttons.
Thank you in advance :)

2nd - do drag&drop from customize pallete to button pallete. If command not have icon you will get empty icon button. You can't change icons for buttons now.

https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/653f38b4-f989-43d9-bb36-4155258f4af4/11.28.2019-16.44.png

1st - you can't do this now, and you can't do icons small as early.

All of this known by support. Fixes will be ready through next updates (from support words)
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I also noticed several missing items. From the sidelines, I watched the alpha and beta go through over 30 updates and I hope the missing items are added back soon. I had reported the following to support and maybe there are more:

- 'Lock Toolbars' is missing from Workspace menu
- Setting 'Advanced HTML toolbar' is only temporary and must be reset for each email sent
- the shortcut options menu is missing from Workspace>Toolbars>customize
- the 'menu and toolbars' tab is missing also from Workspace>Toolbars>customize

Are these, and maybe more, due for next upgrade?

Ad a question, since it appears you have inside information: Earlier, there was the possibility of theme colors and a ribbon menu. Are those options still being considered for a later update to version 9?  Thanks,

david
Edited: david kirk - 28 November 2019 17:34:43 (added a sentence )

George Salnik wrote:
2nd - do drag&drop from customize pallete to button pallete. If command not have icon you will get empty icon button. You can't change icons for buttons now.
It would have been enough to have the labels as before, rather than just an empty button. How am I supposed to get through them if they don't display anything? Strange behavoiur...

btw, thanks for your help. look forward to receive the next update - and that it will fix these glitches

david kirk wrote:
- the shortcut options menu is missing from Workspace>Toolbars>customize
- the 'menu and toolbars' tab is missing also from Workspace>Toolbars>customize
Maybe I don't know what you're talking about but in v9.0.6 I have Workspace>Toolbars>customize and clicking on that option the dialog box open with two tabs of Toolbars and Commands.

Yes, that's what is shown in ver 9.0.6 - but ver 8 shows three tabs: "menus and toolbars, shortcuts, options'  - This indicates either items omitted in error, or a possible redesign that is as yet undocumented.

Hi,

I have to add another confusion to this topic besides that I also lost individual configurations of my toolbars 😠

I can't find an entry for adding a small vertical separator between toolbar icons. Is that missing or elsewhere or didn't I look closely enough?

I must be somewhere since it's available for preset toolbars like "standard"

Don't know how to include images inline, so here's a screenshot:
Sample of tool bars (direct image link)

Any suggestions?
Philipp

One more glitch: It seems the Standard Toolbar must be docked in a row by itself? If I put a smaller toolbar next to it (i.e. Configuration), exit and reopen, the smaller toolbar has moved down a row by itself. There is plenty of room to have both toolbars in the same row (as I have always had before).

The other toolbars will stay in the same row together. Only the Standard toolbar is not playing nicely at the moment.

Very strange.
Edited: Melina Kaczor - 06 December 2019 17:14:05

Just Tried 9 and there used to be my favorites (email addresses selected as favorites) arrow drop down next to the button "Create a new message"

Now all i have is "Quick templates" only, no more email addresses that I individually selected as favorites.

I have emailed support about this toolbar issue, no longer staying put and a custom one always floating.  Not getting any real answers.  These features were removed from V8.x, but why, these are common sense things every program has.  Also gone are the toolbar button captions.

I told them I want a refund and to revert to the working V8.
Edited: Robert ONeill - 08 December 2019 16:47:21

How do I get small icons back?

Niamh Holding wrote:
How do I get small icons back?
I have this question to the support from the start of sales of TB9 and it still not answered. All that you can do now - downgrade to 8-8-9 version. And write to support your angry "love", more voices - more "love" to them.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I tried to reinstall 8.8.9 but when I started The Bat it's still 9.0.16

Niamh Holding wrote:
I tried to reinstall 8.8.9 but when I started The Bat it's still 9.0.16
I prefer to do that steps:
- backup all post-base (just in case)
- uninstall 9 version, reboot
- install 8 version (if post-base not available - restore it from backup)
Pages: 1