Pages: 1
RSS
View all messages by selecting an email address

I've never had a need to do this but things change.  I'd like to be able to click on an email address and have all the emails received from that sender displayed. I thought the Addresses tab at the bottom of Account Tree pane would accomplish that but I can't get any emails addresses to display.  I've tried scanning but received some error messages so I'm not sure if I'm in the right area to test.

Is this possible in TB 9?

Have you tried right-clicking on the address (in a message header) and picking "View messaging history with this person"?

Alternatively, if all those received messages are in the Inbox of a single account, you can simply go to that inbox, type (part of) his name or address in the Quick Search panel (enable this through Workspace | Toolbars | Quick Search) and press Enter. The tab that is made for the search results can be made permanent, so you can re-use it whenever you desire.

Or, if you want to search multiple Inbox and Sent Mail folders for that person, or throw in additional criteria, you can use the Message Finder (F7) and funnel the results into a virtual folder. There are many different ways to go about this..
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you tried right-clicking on the address (in a message header) and picking "View messaging history with this person"?

Alternatively, if all those received messages are in the Inbox of a single account, you can simply go to that inbox, type (part of) his name or address in the Quick Search panel (enable this through Workspace | Toolbars | Quick Search) and press Enter. The tab that is made for the search results can be made permanent, so you can re-use it whenever you desire.

Or, if you want to search multiple Inbox and Sent Mail folders for that person, or throw in additional criteria, you can use the Message Finder (F7) and funnel the results into a virtual folder. There are many different ways to go about this..
I tried right-clicking but all I get is the address showing in the Address History tab but no emails. I tried in v8.2.8 that I still have installed on another computer and right clicking and viewing history does show a list of all the emails. Bug in v9?

I know I can do a search and that's what I've done when I needed to find a specific individual, which was rare. I now need to do it more often but rarely not the same person each time so I'm hesitant to save those searches.

What exactly is the Address History (Addresses tab in Account Tree) for? I assumed that clicking on a name in that list would display all the emails but so far that hasn't been the case. Or maybe it has another function? I did check in v8 and double clicking on on the name in the Addresses just opens a compose new email box.

>> in v8.2.8
Why don't you do update to 8.8.9?

>> I'd like to be able to click on an email address and have all the emails received from that sender displayed.
Do the virtual folder and include in it all your available inbox folders (r.click on folder - properties - select folders) then you can go to this folder at anytime and use it quick search for your need it email.
Or you can do virtual folder with name "all" and include all the folders you have it through last years (inbox, outbox, others) change your columns to the view wth threads by subject+refernces (ALT+5) and then insert your searched email to the quick search field and you will see all the threads with that contact.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

>>  I'd like to be able to click on an email address and have all the emails received from that sender displayed. I thought the Addresses tab at the bottom of Account Tree pane would accomplish
On my side this thing works. But I never use it, because go to quick search is more fast way for me. May be on your side it not works because you don't have it inbox default virtual folder?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Larry Wing wrote:
I tried right-clicking but all I get is the address showing in the Address History tab but no emails. I tried in v8.2.8 that I still have installed on another computer and right clicking and viewing history does show a list of all the emails. Bug in v9?

Dunno, I'm still on v8.x myself. You should get a list of messages to/from that person when you click his address, but The Bat must have scanned the messagebase before it can show that list of messages. If it hasn't done that yet, I think you can right-click on a name in the Address History tab and use Search Messages or Find More Messages.

I know I can do a search and that's what I've done when I needed to find a specific individual, which was rare. I now need to do it more often but rarely not the same person each time so I'm hesitant to save those searches.

I'd strongly recommend that you activate the Quick Search panel, it's much more convenient.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Right-clicking works in the beta, so I assume it may be released soon.

david

I've stumbled on using the Address history. While I can't create a list I can manually add an address which is saved and then right click and sel ect view fr om/to option in context menu. Since I communicate with several people who have multiple email addresses and names associated with those addresses doing a search for a name only doesn't give me full list of history.

I do use the Quick Search most of the time and yes it is fast.

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions.  All are appreciated.
Pages: 1