Pages: 1
RSS
Improper handling of the external links (default browser), Hyperlinks in email messages are not properly opened in default browser.

I've recently registered The Bat! Pro and came upon such issue:

I'm using Windows10 with 2 instances of Firefox Browser - one is installed in the system, another one is an indepedent portable version. I'm using a portable Firefox as a default browser registered in the system. Bat is totally incapable to open hyperlinks in Firefox Portable which is my properly registered system browser. Other programs installed in the system don't have problem with that. Changing a default browser in system, and reverting it back does not help at all.

When I'm using an in-bulit Bat! HTML browser the situation looks like this:
  • When I change default browser to any system browser such as Edge od Firefox the links are opened properly
  • When I change my default browser back to Firefox Portable links are not opened at all. I have to copy them manually to the browser window.
When I swich to system browser view:
  • When I change default browser to any system browser such as Edge od Firefox and click any hyperlink Bat! opens 2 windows with the same link - one in the default browser and second one in Internet Exlplorer (?!).
  • When I change my default browser back to Firefox Portable links are opened in Internet Explorer only
Looks like there are 2 idepedent bugs here:
  1. Bat! is handling hyperlinks in Windows10 some improper way which causes it to ignore non-standard browsers, even if they are properly registered in the OS
  2. Bat! is using an Internet Explorer as a "system browser" instead of Edge (which seems like a serious security issue). This is also someway related to a bad hadling of the external links and opening them twice.
I've seen users reporting this issue back in 2007. This was 13 years ago and the problem seems to be unsolved yet. Maybe it's time to take a look on it? Built-in Bat! HTML browser is really an out-of date solution and it  doesn't render most of today HTML messages properly, so using it is a  pain in many cases. Maybe it's time for some update here?

Try to write directly to the support.
https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1