Pages: 1
RSS
FROM NAME appears as e-mail address

Hello!

I set up my e-mail account with the name "Domine Ingles" as the "From Name". However, when I send out e-mail messages, it arrives with the "From Name" as my e-mail address *******@*****.com.br . See my settings in the image linked below. Is there anything I am doing wrong? Thank you.

See image:

https://domineingles.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/from-name.jpg

1) In the config screen that you showed, I would not fill in the fields for Organisation, Reply-to Name and Reply-to address.

2) How did you arrive at the conclusion that "when I send out e-mail messages, it arrives with the "From Name" as my e-mail address"? Which program or website is showing you the email address in the From-field?

If it was The Bat: Does it only do so for this sender, or for all senders? If it does so for all senders, then you should check which View Mode you are using in the message list, and edit it to see if you are using the from-address there instead of the from-name.

You could also check if Options | Preferences | Message List | "Use address book display names" is On, in case that your own name was wrongly recorded in your address book.

That's it from me for now... if I think of any other possible causes for this problem, I'll let you know.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you for your help, Daniel.

I tried the change in the Preference field, but it still is going out as the e-mail address, and not the name Domine Ingles. Notice how it came into my yahoo account, for example. (The same goes for any other e-mail address I send it to.)

https://domineingles.com.br/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/Clipboard02.jpg

Let's go back to the first image, in your first message above. In this dialog, I would fill in only three fields:

Name: This is the name that is shown in the accounts tree in The Bat (so, not important here).
Fr om Name and From Address: These two put together (with the address between <>), make the 'From' field in outgoing e-mail.

So, if you keep 'Domine Ingles' as the From Name, and use (for instance) 'tim@domain.com.br' in the From Address field, then the From field in outgoing e-mails should become: 'Domine Ingles <tim@domain.com.br>'.

I can think of only two ways how this can go wrong:

1) Maybe the receiving e-mail client (or webmail host, like your Yahoo) is changing how the From field is shown. But in this case, that can't be it, because it happens with all accounts wh ere you sent your test message..

2) In The Bat, look in Account | Properties | Transport. As you probably know, the 'SMTP Server' shown here is the server through which your messages enter the internet. Some SMTP servers actually change the From field in your e-mails, and replace it with the account details that they have on file for you. Gmail for instance does this (or used to do so - I don't know if they still do it). So, if the details that you have entered in The Bat are not shown to the recipient, then I think that this might be the explanation. If so, see if you can change the name in the setup of your SMTP provider, or use a different SMTP server for outgoing mail.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

That was it, Daniel. I had to change the name at the SMTP server. Thank you very much for your help!

Good to hear that you solved it, and happy to help!
Pages: 1