Pages: 1
RSS
moving to linux

i'm going to move my home systems to linux since 2008r2 & win7 are now eol.

with that means TheBat! that i've used for years will need to be replaced, sorry to say. its been a great email app all these years.

would a linux email client like, "Claws Mail" be able to import TheBat!'s databases?  there's a few linux email clients i could use but so far was leaning to "Claws Mail".

Well, support for Windows 7 couldn't go on forever, since it was replaced awhile back. My suggestion about Claws-Mail would be for you to try it on Windows. It does import mbox files and that should give you the desired information on whether to take that route when moving to Linux. Claws-Mail is a solid client. It can't (to my knowledge) send HTML messages, but I respect that's not a key feature for many. Good luck.

david  

david kirk wrote:
Well, support for Windows 7 couldn't go on forever, since it was replaced awhile back. My suggestion about Claws-Mail would be for you to try it on Windows. It does import mbox files and that should give you the desired information on whether to take that route when moving to Linux. Claws-Mail is a solid client. It can't (to my knowledge) send HTML messages, but I respect that's not a key feature for many. Good luck.

david  
good point on trying it on win first. i'll give that a try. thanks

btw, would you know if TheBat! runs well under "wine" on linux? or should i ask that in a new thread?

4648 wrote:
btw, would you know if TheBat! runs well under "wine" on linux? or should i ask that in a new thread?

You could start by reading what's already been posted:

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/search/?PAGE_NAME=search&tags=&q=Wine&FORUM_ID%5B%5D=4&DATE_CHANGE=0­&order=relevance&s=Search
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1