Pages: 1
RSS
Error on startup: The bat failed to create working directory

I'm getting a popup on startup
"the bat failed to create working directory" - and there's no way to start the program itself.

But the directory its complaining about is there, it exists, and it has been there since the years I'm using this product, and I've changed nothing.
(C:\Program Files(x86)\The Bat!\Mail\)

Big worry; I can't use my email client now. :(

Please help!
There must be a way to reset config and pick up the old mail or something.   Thanks!

Using windows7, btw.

Steve Horvath wrote:
[..] and I've changed nothing.

Computers are very predictable. If yours works differently, then *something* must have changed.

(C:\Program Files(x86)\The Bat!\Mail\)

[..]

Using windows7, btw.

Maybe I am way off, but Windows 7 has UAC (user access control), which should have made it impossible to store your mail in a subfolder of C:\Program Files(x86). Unless you were running The Bat with Admin rights, I guess..

So, my suggestion would be that you try to launch The Bat with full Admin rights, to see if that makes a difference.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I agree; something has changed. My thought is to move the mail directory elsewhere and then reinstall TB! and create a single account just so it works. Then, restart TB! and click Preferences>System>Mail Directory and search for original mail directory. Good luck. But copy the existing directory of thebat and mail elsewhere just to be safe.

david
Pages: 1