Pages: 1
RSS
Update TLS Cipher

Is there a way to update or upgrade the TLS Cipher in TheBat?

I am having trouble connecting to an IMAP server and it seems like TheBat is not supporting their TLS requirements
My version is Voyager 8.8.9.11 ,

Thunderbird will connect without issues,

Sounds to me like a typical need to update ssleay32.dll or something in that manner.

I ran an SSL report and this is the results on Cipher:

Cipher Suites
# TLS 1.2 (suites in server-preferred order)
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_128_GCM_SHA256 (0xc02f)   ECDH x25519 (eq. 3072 bits RSA)   FS 128
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_AES_256_GCM_SHA384 (0xc030)   ECDH x25519 (eq. 3072 bits RSA)   FS 256
TLS_ECDHE_RSA_WITH_CHACHA20_POLY1305_SHA256 (0xcca8)   ECDH x25519 (eq. 3072 bits RSA)   FS 256

No, I don't think ciphers are user-upgradable.

You've probably run into the same problem discussed before here. Or search the forum for 'cipher' or 'ecdhe' for more discussions.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
No, I don't think ciphers are user-upgradable.

You've probably run into the same problem discussed before  here . Or search the forum for 'cipher' or 'ecdhe' for more discussions.
Thank you Daniel. You are really helpful, I had no idea, how many more people have the same issue.

Rejoice, Batmen! Version 9.1, just released, offers support for TLS AEAD AES-GCM ciphers.

See: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/news/7332/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1