Pages: 1
RSS
email TO: suggestion, impossible to suggest a mail to:

hello, i use the bat since years and i have a problem ...
when i put the first letters on the line "TO:", the email that the bat suggest me is not the good, not a recent mail and never the mail that i want ...
i see that there is in preferences/ collect mail but i have an error message ...

click image error

is it the right way to have a good "TO:" suggestion ?
is it normal this error ?

press alt (when you in "to" field) then press arrow down choose your "ghost" email and press delete
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I have year already in support thread that needs to delete all the clones of recipients if that recipient already in my address book. There is no bug fix...
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
I have year already in support thread that needs to delete all the clones of recipients if that recipient already in my address book. There is no bug fix...
sorry but i don't understand, can you tell me the way to "delete all clones" ?
i want that he suggest me in my adress book and also in my "received box" ?

My solution is to delete ACCOUNT.HIS and then create a new one. Another option is to delete all content from ACCOUNT.HIS   If this is a concern of yours, do this periodically. Another option is to just delete the file and live without it. The purpose of the file appears to be to keep previously used email ids as a courtesy to you, but in my brief test, TB! worked fine without the file. Good luck.

david

that don't work, nothing change
i test to delete all my entry and all things in my adress book (because that is the only adress that the bat suggest to me)
and now just no suggestion, nothing in the adress bar "To:" GRRR
i can't accept that nobody know this problem, i think this is just an option to collect mails that are in send/received ?!
i still have error KillTimer ...

I suspect you have to close The Bat before deleting the ACCOUNT.HIS files and then re-launch it. Did you do so?

I don't know if this will help but:
  • Are you aware that each account may use a different address book? Right-click on an account in the Accounts panel and see Properties | General \ Default Address Book.

• In your address book, you can mark addresses as 'favorite'. If I remember correctly, those will always be shown among your "To:"-suggestions.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

thanks, that seems to work ...
when i open the HIS file now, that seems to collect some adresses ...
but since 1 month, ther is 3 mails collect...
how can i collect many mails ? for exemple all sended emails since 1month ? ...

Well, I think you already know the proper procedure, but the problem is that The Bat crashes when you try it:

Go to: Options | Preferences | Address History
Press: Scan Folders For More Addresses.
Deselect all folders, then select your Sent Mail folder.
Press Next to scan this folder for addresses.
Press Next again to select the timerange, in this case 3 months.

That should do the trick! On my (old) PC it does not crash.

Maybe you can check this topic about crashes to see if any of the suggestions there will help you: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic13320/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

i found two old version of the bat on my computer ! :-)
a version 5 and a version 7
in the two versions, the error in scan history is not present :-)
but, very strange all seems to be ok, 2000 adresses added ... BUT where ??? i don't know ...
i make a search of files that has changed in the our in the directory but nothing ?! strange ... and the account.his is not emplementing the new adresses ... HELP :-(

Cockaerts Jonathan wrote:
... BUT where ???
Options | Preferences | System shows you the mail folder, maybe it's different for the old versions? Other than that, there's only the registry.

no, it is the same folder, i checked...
now the situation is : when i send a mail, the suggestion is recorded seems in ACCOUNT_LOG.TXT ...
but the account.his is not implementing anything ...
i am bored with that, i can't think that i am alone is this case :-(
Pages: 1