Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat! and AOL

What is the problem to get emails out of AOL using POP3?
It was working well until recently. Can get emails over the web, but using The Bat! its always stuck on  "connected to POP3 server"
Yes, my setting are correct and it was working find for years. Also, works well using Thunderbird mail client.
It have something to do with TLS? IMAP does not work as well. What should I do?

It works for me. I use their pop.csi.com server, because I'm an old CompuServe user and AOL took it over. I use Port 995, Connection type is set to TLS and Authentication to Regular. I use TheBat v.8.8.2.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I see. Worked fine for me until recently stopped. Like I said, I can use thunderbird using OAuth way and then no issues to get emails.
For The Bat! this OAuth is grayed out for me. Not sure why and what to do. I tried your pop server, but same results.

In the properties of your account, go to Transport | Receive Mail and press Authentication. Mine is set to Regular and I suspect that yours is set to OAUTH. Could that be the problem?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I did not touched any options and AOL suddenly stopped working for me.
OAUTH is grayed out in The Bat!, so I can't use it. Know why?

For me, OAUTH is only available in my Gmail account, not in any others.

Note btw, that an AOL server may actually well be a cluster of servers, and when they make changes in stuff like this, it may not apply to all servers in the cluster at once. So, it's possilbe that I will soon get the same problem that you are already having.

I had similar problem on old version of Sylpheed due to outdated OpenSSL DLLs (possibly due to deprecated TLS version, self-signed certificate error, etc.) which I was able to correct (on Sylpheed) by replacing the following two DLLs with those from a newer version of Sylpheed (I prefer old version of Sylpheed for other reasons), so you may be able to do something similar with The Bat!; i.e., either upgrade entire install of The Bat! to most-recent version or use 7-Zip or other extraction utility to extract new DLLs from new version of The Bat! installer:

libeay32.dll
ssleay32.dll

I hope this helps...
Edited: Mr Wizard - 16 May 2020 05:54:18
Pages: 1