Pages: 1 2 Next
RSS
Saving toolbar config in 9.1, How do I make toolbar view stick?

Just upgraded from v8.8.9 to to 9.1.10 because of the TLS problem with Gmail. Now whenever I open a message, I always get the Standard and Quick Search toolbars. I've tried right-clicking them to uncheck the options. I've tried unchecking them in Customize, and using the Options in Customize. I've tried unlocking the toolbars, hiding the Standard bar and moving the Quick Seach bar next to the menu bar.

Whenver I open another message, both toolbars are back. How do I make the toolbar settings (which ones to show, which ones to hide) stick so they are the same any time I open another message?

Ahh, I see from some other posts that v9 still has a number of UI issues. I really hope these are fixed soon. I have to use v9 to access Gmail, so going back to v8 doesn't seem like an option. But it is really annoying having the giant toolbars that I don't use.

Is that the problem, or does someone know a way to fix this?

I just updated Voyager to 9.1.10.1 because of the Google TLS issue. Previous version was 8.X.

I have never seen this issue with the previous version on any system I've been using Voyager.
Minimizing the window and normalizing it back makes the Menu bar items and Tollbar icons black.
To have the menu and Icon back to normal I have to hovering the mouse on them.

Any suggestions?

Thanks, Max
Edited: Daniel van Rooijen - 09 April 2020 20:26:27 (moved to existing topic about toolbars problem)

I'm seeing this, too, but I don't know how to fix it, either. Just another UI issue that needs to be fixed. There are also a number of dialogs that should be larger (or resizable), and I think the menu font is too small. Hopefully RitLabs gets to these soon.

I also have this issue. Moreover, The Bat freezes when I try to customize toolbars in messages window.

Arkadiusz Albiniak wrote:
 I also have this issue. Moreover, The Bat freezes when I try to customize toolbars in messages window.
I am having all of the same problems.  I keep trying to customize the toolbars/commands and they keep going back to the default.  And, the program stops responding.  My husband and I both paid for the upgrade so we could get around the Gmail problem, but now we are having this problem.  Any suggestions?

Massimo Mucci wrote:
Any suggestions?

Maybe you can try what Ritlabs' Maxim Masiutin suggested in a different topic: "You may disable (uncheck) the option "Do not put The Bat! to Windows Task Bar" and restart The Bat!, until we fix this issue."
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Massimo Mucci wrote:
Any suggestions?

Maybe you can try what Ritlabs' Maxim Masiutin suggested in a different topic: "You may disable (uncheck) the option "Do not put The Bat! to Windows Task Bar" and restart The Bat!, until we fix this issue."
So, are you saying that Ritlabs is working on a fix for this issue that will be out soon?  Where is the quote you are listing from Maxim Masiutin? I don't have The Bat pinned to the Task Bar and I have having the same problems with the toolbars.  I only upgraded to the latest version because of the Gmail issue like so many others.  

Ann C wrote:
So, are you saying that Ritlabs is working on a fix for this issue that will be out soon?

Am I??

Where is the quote you are listing from Maxim Masiutin?

In a thread you participated in: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic14727/message49317/#message49317

I don't have The Bat pinned to the Task Bar and I have having the same problems with the toolbars.

There are/were several different problems with the toolbars. Some have already been addressed in yesterday's release, v9.1.12.

I only upgraded to the latest version because of the Gmail issue like so many others.

Only goes to show that Ritlabs have their priorities in order. I'm sure that a lot more people would be displeased if their toolbars looked dandy but they couldn't send or receive any emails.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Only goes to show that Ritlabs have their priorities in order. I'm sure that a lot more people would be displeased if their toolbars looked dandy but they couldn't send or receive any emails.
My complaint is that I didn't want to upgrade to the new version. I can't afford to upgrade all the time and neither can my husband. Because of a problem between The Bat and Gmail, I HAD to upgrade. I didn't do it because I wanted any new toolbars or anything else. It was forced upon me, so, no, I do not agree that Ritlabs has their priorities in order. If that were the case they would have provided a patch for all versions of The Bat without forcing everyone to upgrade.  The least they could have done is charge a minimal fee for just the patch to fix the problem with Gmail.

If this were a free program I could put up with garbage answers like this, but it is not free.  So, I believe I should have the right to express frustration when A) I am forced to upgrade because the program can't handle a change from Gmail and, B) the new upgrade doesn't work properly.

Ann C wrote:
I only upgraded to the latest version because of the Gmail issue like so many others.

If that were the case they would have provided a patch for all versions  of The Bat without forcing everyone to upgrade.  The least they could  have done is charge a minimal fee for just the patch to fix the problem  with Gmail.
Totally agree with you Ann for these 2 points.

In 9.1.12, the toobar icon captions are not persistent.  They were in prior 9.xx versions, until the last, and this one.  This would seem to be a different, but related, problem to what others are describing.  

>> In 9.1.12, the toobar icon captions are not persistent.  
I have it captions. Do you have enabled "Show tooltips" in options of customize?

https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/c5f3fe54-fdaa-4eb5-b5d7-ab89b25f0f91/04.12.2020-13.21.png
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Michel Thibodeau wrote:
Ann C wrote:

If that were the case they would have provided a patch for all versions  of The Bat without forcing everyone to upgrade.  The least they could  have done is charge a minimal fee for just the patch to fix the problem  with Gmail.
Totally agree with you Ann for these 2 points.
Looks like we are moving into the realm of gripes again, But, come on folks, let's not go there with this thread also... please. I just want to point out that in an earlier posting on the "other" thread, I mentioned to Maxim the very issue we are discussing here (https://ishr.site/fN2P)
Jay Walker wrote:
Maxim Masiutin wrote:
This issue is resolved in The Bat! version 9.1.10, it can be downloaded from   https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php  
Thanks, Maxim. Up and running. Successfully sent and received over Gmail. So far, so good.
Just   one quick comment/observation. I wish you had released 9.1.10 on the   basis of the previous MSI (9.1.6) instead of the latest Beta with its   various toolbar issues (including the disappearance of toolbar buttons   on minimization and restoration, which is a bit of a hassle). TB general   users are not Beta testers. But that is a small issue. The big  issue...  Gmail certificates... does seem to be resolved, and that is  much  appreciated.
So, in my estimation, the primary mistake made by Ritlabs was to issue version 9.1.10 (and later), with its solution to the Gmail issue, on the basis of their latest Beta release rather than on the basis of the last stable release (version 9.1.6). That is why we are now plagued by these toolbar issues (that I also had wanted to avoid). But, okay, mistakes happen. And, as someone who occasionally looks in on the beta-testing forum, I can say that these toolbar issues are being aggressively investigated and worked on. So even though Ritlabs did not give us what amounts to a stable release now, I am confident that we will get one soon. And that is why I go on updating to the latest MSI rather than reverting to 9.1.6 and using one of the suggested command-line approaches that were posted to that "other" thread. Personally, I don't want to beta-test the toolbar. But the problem is currently not so annoying to me that I cannot be patient while Ritlabs sorts out the kinks. If anyone feels that these toolbar issues are so extreme that they cannot tolerate them, then why not just revert to 9.1.6... or even 8.x and use the command-line fix?

Jay Walker wrote:
Personally, I don't want to beta-test the toolbar. But the problem is currently not so annoying to me that I cannot be patient while Ritlabs sorts out the kinks.
I agree.  If I sounded like I was complaining, I probably was.  I think it had more to do with the fact that it cost me about $80 to upgrade both my program and my husband's and I thought I was fixing the problem with Gmail only to then have the problem with the toolbars.  I hope there is a resolution soon, but it won't make me quit using The Bat. It's just a very irritating matter every time I try to do something from the toolbar I am used to finding there and then it isn't. But, maybe I am a bit irritated with not being able to buy toilet paper, hand sanitizer, milk, eggs, flour and potato chips.  It's the potato chips that is really causing a problem, LOL.

Ann

Massimo Mucci wrote:
Any suggestions?

Yeah, I've tried that, and doesn't help. I think he suggested that for the issue where the menu bar was corruped when restored from the tray icon. That's not the issue that most of us are complaining about. What I'm seeing is:

1. I view a message.
  2. I right-click the menu/toolbar and choose customize.
  3. In Options, I choose Small icons with Text, then Close.
  4. There is a star-like icon next to the toolbars. While it's there, the window is frozen. It takes a long time (30 to 60 seconds) before it goes away.
  5. At this point, the toolbar uses small icons with text.
  6. I close the message.
  7. I open the same message, or another message.
  8. The toolbars are back to large icons.
Sure, I can deal with it, but after being used to the UI working the way I want in version 8, it's very frustrating to have to deal with this in what is a newer (and one hopes, better) version of the application. I don't suggest this is the absolute top priority for RitLabs, but The Bat has long been behind others in terms of the user interface, so I really hope v9 is when they make a good effort to clean this up and make the UI work better.

This is exactly the same problem I am h
Warner Y wrote:
What I'm seeing is:I view a message.I right-click the menu/toolbar and choose customize.In Options, I choose Small icons with Text, then Close.There is a star-like icon next to the toolbars. While it's there, the window is frozen. It takes a long time (30 to 60 seconds) before it goes away.At this point, the toolbar uses small icons with text.I close the message.I open the same message, or another message.The toolbars are back to large icons.
This is exactly the same problem I am having.  Maybe it doesn't bother some people, but I spend a lot of time going through hundreds of emails from many different accounts/groups. It is very irritating to not be able to have the options on the toolbars that I use constantly every time I open or close an email.  

So, in the grand scheme of things it doesn't rank right up there with not being able to get Gmail at all, but it comes in right at the top for me.  

I submitted a support ticket for this bug in The Bat. I was asked to close The Bat, copy two files to a separate folder, and open The Bat to see if the problem was solved.  It was NOT.  They asked me to send them the old file that I had copied to a different folder, which I did.  Here is the response from the support team:  

"Thank you for providing us with that file, we will examine it and hopefully the issue will get resolved in the next version of The Bat!"

So, everyone who is having this problem can quit trying different things to fix it and just accept that is is definitely a bug that MAY be fixed in the next version.  
Edited: Ann C - 17 April 2020 16:05:56

Several toolbar-related fixes/improvements in the just released v9.1.16:

Fixed toolbar position after loading
Added possibility to put toolbars to the right of the main menu
Fixed an error when selecting some images in toolbar customization

See: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/products/thebat/download.php#whatsnew

Deleting of userdef.xml not helps, I still can see bugs such as -

9-1-16 Pallets on second screen goes to first after close/open Bat.
9-1-16 In Edit Message menu if change text editor buttons and close/open Bat - it not remember any changes
9-1-16 Pallets that work outside main menu as windowed pallets changes horizontal position to vertical and otherwise. You do pallet in 2 columns icons - it not remember this too after reopening.
9-1-16 Pallets that work outside main menu as windowed pallets never shows with first open of TB9, it needs to have to open some message or do some another to see them again.
9-1-16 Memo pallet never don't stays opened and closes with TB9 and needs to re-open that pallet (in 7/8 TB it always been opened), I prefer to see this pallet always and now I do open it every time

This
Now whenever I open a message, I always get the Standard and Quick Search toolbars. I've tried right-clicking them to uncheck the options. I've tried unchecking them in Customize, and using the Options in Customize. I've tried unlocking the toolbars, hiding the Standard bar and moving the Quick Seach bar next to the menu bar.
Whenver I open another message, both toolbars are back.
is fixed. But this is not all bugs with Bat9 interface.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Updating to 9-1-16 does not fix the problem I am having, which is customization of toolbar options/buttons is not retained.

Toolbar still reverts to default after restart, and I can't create custom buttons (reply to all quoting selected text).

Suzanne,
The problem is we've a long way to go to get back to the features we had in 8.8.9. Compare these two images of the menu options:

https://davidkirk.org/tooloptions9116.jpg     https://davidkirk.org/tooloptions889.jpg    

We can only hope that ritlabs eventually fixes version 9 to restore what we liked in 8.8.9.

david

Susanne W wrote:
The problem is we've a long way to go to get back to the features we had in 8.8.9. Compare these two images of the menu options:
I confirmed it. On my side the same problem :-(

My standard tool bar still reverts to default at restart in v 9.1.18 64bit! :(
Pages: 1 2 Next