Pages: 1
RSS
How to change contents of email item context menu

When I right-click on an email item in any of my mailboxes a menu pops up containing such items as Reply, Forward, etc.  First, what is the correct name for this menu?  I would normally call it a "context menu" but I want to be sure that is the correct terminology in this case.

Anyway, several years ago I customized it to meet my needs.  However, it seems that as various TheBat! updates were installed the customization gradually disappeared and it's now back to its default configuration.  Because TheBat! has so many configuration options I am now unable to remember how to add/remove/reposition items on this menu, and I'm not sure what to look for in the Help items.  A simple step-by-step refresher would be appreciated :-)
Edited: Ray Mitchell - 17 April 2020 23:13:48

Go to Workspace | Toolbars | Customize and pick the item 'Message List Pop-up Menu'. I think that's the one you want.

(I guess the location of the Customize command is misleading, in that you can use it to customize more than just the toolbars..!)

If your newly customized settings don't stick, that might be due to a bug in recent versions. Some people have been having problems getting their toolbar configuration to stick. I don't know if that bug also interferes with context menu settings. If it does, today's v9.1.16 release might fix it.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

>> Go to Workspace | Toolbars | Customize and pick the item 'Message List Pop-up Menu'.
You can see commands in it, but you can't move/paste/etc that commands.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:

In my v8.8.2 it works just fine.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
George Salnik wrote:
In my v8.8.2 it works just fine.
9-1-16 I can't do :(
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Please report it if Support doesn't know about it yet.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Please report it if Support doesn't know about it yet.
Yep, it already done.

I installed v9-1-16 and I still couldn't do anything with any of the commands.  Aside from that, however, the two commands I actually want to add are not even listed.  They are "Resend" and "Edit as new".  I use these more than any other commands in the Message List Pop-Up Menu.  I looked at the commands available in my v8.8.9 installation on another machine and strangely enough "Edit as new" was no longer a choice in it either - just "Resend".  It seems that these things have been deteriorating over time and I just didn't notice it.  Although both commands are still present in the Message dropdown in the main menu, that is less convenient for me.

I tried upgrading to an even older version of TheBat! but for some reason simply running the installer doesn't change anything.  I'm assuming I'll need to completely uninstall the current version before running the installer but I haven't tried that yet.

Support says that now in TB9 there is no such feature, bur will be added sometime in the future again.

Ray Mitchell wrote:
I looked at the commands available in my v8.8.9 installation on another machine and strangely enough "Edit as new" was no longer a choice in it either - just "Resend".

v8.8.2 still has both commands.  I've just added them to my message list popup menu, and then I compared the 'before' and 'after' versions of tbuser.DEF, in which these settings appear to be stored. Well, the changes added 7 lines to one of the sections of this text file, as follows:

BEFORE:
Code
update property layout [MainForm_MLVPopup]
{
  select [MsgCtl].[mlSelectAllMessages]
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[mMsgMarkUnread]
  move -27
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[mMsgMarkRead]
  move -7
  select [MsgCtl].[mMarkSpamJUNK]
  ins ert
    <hr>
  move -1
  select <hr>
  move -6
  move -30
  select [MsgCtl].[mMsgSearch]
  move 2
}

AFTER:
Code
update property layout [MainForm_MLVPopup]
{
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[mMsgMarkUnread]
  move -27
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[mMsgMarkRead]
  move -7
  sele ct [MsgCtl].[mMarkSpamJUNK]
  ins ert
    <hr>
  move -1
  sele ct <hr>
  move -6
  sele ct [MsgCtl].[mlSelectAllMessages]
  move -30
  sele ct [MsgCtl].[mMsgSearch]
  move 2
  sele ct <hr> 5
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[mResend]
  move -31
  ins ert
    item [MsgCtl].[EditAsNew]
  move -31
}

(the last 7 lines before the } sign were added)

I don't know how all these commands work, but if you're feeling adventurous and you have good backups, then maybe this would allow you to do some experimenting..

(note that the forum software put some redundant spaces in the middle of some words in the code above)
Pages: 1