Pages: 1
RSS
Images no longer downloading, Images no longer downloading

I am using v 6.8.8
It was working; now it is not.  I may have changed something; but can't remember what<g>.
In TheBat_ImageDownloader.jpg, it show one of my rules (newegg.com)
In TheBat_ImageDownloader_2.jpg, it shows the image in my email.  The logo image is there; but the other two images  below just shows a place holder and no images.  I have inserted the front part of each URL for those images.  They all start out the same.  I used to see all images in the email before.

My preference setting for HTML viewer is to Use The Bat! viewer and The Bat! rules.

Would someone tell me what else I need to check?

If not, I would like to know where The Bat! stores its settings for Image Download Manager (IDM"); and I can copy it fr om my backup.

Additionally, "newbie" questions: In the IDM's Rules, The leftmost field has 3 options:  URL, email and folder.  By "folder", I assume it download all images in all emails in a particular folder (that matches the folder name in The Bat1?  And by "email", I assume it download all images in a specific email?  If yes, what value do I put in the 3rd field (wh ere currently it is showing newegg.com)?

Also, in the IDM, the upper pane is for Unresolved Images.  I have none.  Yet I cannot reduce the pane to give more space to the Rules pane below.  Can it be resized?

Also, I vaguely recalled, that I used to be able to dynamically set those rules.  Have I truned off that capability?  If so, how do I turn it back on?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question about the Image Download Manager; and I need to upload the screen/image from my PC.  But I can't see how to upload the file.

If uploading is not allowed; how should I go about it?  

Thanks in advance.

You cannot upload images to this forum. You can upload your image to a server that you control, or to an online service like Flickr or IMGUR. Then put the link to the image in your message. People will have to click on it to see the image.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

OK.  The link to my 2 images is https://www.flickr.com/photos/188054889@N02/

Side question:  Is the only way that you folks can see the images is to set it to Public on Flickr.  Or I can set it to something else and you can see it as long as you have the link to them?

TIA
Edited: L Chen - 21 April 2020 12:49:19

L Chen wrote:
The logo image is there; but the other two images below just shows a place holder and no images.

Maybe Newegg forgot to upload those images. Is this the only message that didn't display properly or does it happen more often? Have you tried switching The Bat to the other HTML viewer (the Windows browser instead of the built-in HTML renderer), too see if the images are visible there?

Are you sure that those images were on exactly the same server as the logo image?

Is there anything else on your system that could interfere with The Bat's downloading of images?

If not, I would like to know where The Bat! stores its settings for Image Download Manager (IDM"); and I can copy it from my backup.

I don't know for sure, but I think in ImgDlRules.TXT and in the registry.

And by "email", I assume it download all images in a specific email?

My interpretation is that 'email' applies to all messages from a certain email address.

Also, I vaguely recalled, that I used to be able to dynamically set those rules.  Have I truned off that capability?  If so, how do I turn it back on?

When I set Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer | Download Embedded Images.. to 'Configured' (to activate the image download manager), and I browse through my images, then I see a new yellow icon (of an image with an exclamation mark in front of it) in the right section of message headers -- but only if it is a HTML message that contains links to embedded images, and only if I have not yet taken a decission on that message. There is a pull-down arrow to the right of the icon. When I click on it, I can choose between several rules that permit the downloading of images from the current sender's email address and from all servers linked to in the message.

If this icon does not show on your system, maybe you allow all images, or you have rules that allow all images in all the folders that you use?

L Chen wrote:
Side question:  Is the only way that you folks can see the images is to set it to Public on Flickr.  Or I can set it to something else and you can see it as long as you have the link to them?

That's a Flickr question! :-)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Maybe Newegg forgot to upload those images. Is this the only message  that didn't display properly or does it happen more often? Have you  tried switching The Bat to the other HTML viewer (the Windows browser  instead of the built-in HTML renderer), too see if the images are  visible there?

Are you sure that those images were on exactly the same server as the logo image?

Is there anything else on your system that could interfere with The Bat's downloading of images?
I don't believe so -- because if I click on "View this email in browser", all images are there.  This is happening to all images in all my emails.  I used to see them fine until the past weekend.

I just tried switching the HTML viewer to the Windows browser -- no change in results.

The URLs for the 3 images in my file are copied fr om the email (by pausing the mouse over the image) and they all show being on newegg.com.

I have no idea what could interfere with The Bat's downloading of images.  And I have not added any software/hardware in the last month.  I remember tweaking the internet settings in Acrobat Preferences.  But that is the PC's Internet settings.  I have no problems with the workings of my internet -- except this image downloading problem in The Bat.  Is there any internet settings I should re-check?

[TABLE][TR][TH]Quote[/TH][/TR][TR][TD]If not, I would like to know where The Bat! stores its settings for Image Download Manager (IDM"); and I can copy it from my backup.[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]I don't know for sure, but I think in ImgDlRules.TXT and in the registry.
Wh ere is the ImgDIRules.txt file, I can't find it in either my C Drive nor on the drive when I install The Bat.  And I search the Registry for "newegg" and I couldn't find it.

[TABLE][TR][TH]Quote[/TH][/TR][TR][TD]And by "email", I assume it download all images in a specific email?
[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]My interpretation is that 'email' applies to all messages from a certain email address.
I added a New Rule for newegg as follows:  Email, Equal, Promo@promo.newegg.com, Allow

Still no images for that email address

[TABLE][TR][TH]Quote
[/TH][TD]Also, I vaguely recalled, that I used to be able to dynamically set those rules. Have I truned off that capability? If so, how do I turn it back on?[/TD][/TR][/TABLE]
When I set Options | Preferences  | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer | Download Embedded Images.. to  'Configured' (to activate the image download manager), and I browse  through my images, then I see a new yellow icon (of an image with an  exclamation mark in front of it) in the right section of message headers  -- but only if it is a HTML message that contains links to embedded  images, and only if I have not yet taken a decission on that message.  There is a pull-down arrow to the right of the icon. When I click on it,  I can choose between several rules that permit the downloading of  images from the current sender's email address and from all servers  linked to in the message.

If this icon does not show on your  system, maybe you allow all images, or you have rules that allow all  images in all the folders that you use?
I don't see that Yellow icon in the header.  For each Rule that I have, I set it to "Allow".  I don't believe that is 'allow all images".   There is a "Download All" button in the Image Download Manager ("IDM"). I don't know whether that applies to the UnresolvedImg pane on the top half of the IDM.  But I click it anyway, with no change in results -- still no images.

How do I turn on "allow all images" in The Bat.  May be I should try that and see whether it makes any difference in results.  Also, IF I turn on "allow all images", do I have to delete all the Rules that I have in the IDM?

Do you think it would help if I reinstall The Bat -- may be without uninstalling it first?

L Chen wrote:
Is there any internet settings I should re-check?

I don't think so.  

Where is the ImgDIRules.txt file, I can't find it in either my C Drive nor on the drive when I install The Bat.

I found it in my Mail folder. See Options | Preferences | System to find out where your Mail folder is. I don't think it holds ALL the settings related to the image downloader, just the rules that you define.

How do I turn on "allow all images" in The Bat.

Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer | Download Embedded Images..

Also, IF I turn on "allow all images", do I have to delete all the Rules that I have in the IDM?

I don't think so.

Do you think it would help if I reinstall The Bat -- may be without uninstalling it first?

Without an uninstall, I doubt if that would help. But if you have good backups of your system, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.

QuoteWhere is the ImgDIRules.txt file, I can't find it in either my C Drive nor on the drive when I install The Bat.

I found it in my Mail folder. See Options | Preferences | System to find  out where your Mail folder is. I don't think it holds ALL the settings  related to the image downloader, just the rules that you define.
I don't have ImgDIRules.txt.  Instead, I have dwnloadrules.dat -- probably due to version difference?  [i am using v6.8.8]
How do I turn on "allow all images" in The Bat.

Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer | Download Embedded Images..
It is already set to "Always".  The drop down has 3 choices:  Always, Never and Configured (Reject Unknown).  So I assume "Allways" means allow all -- at least in my version.  Also that means the rules in the Image Download Manager are ignored if "Always" is selected?

Without an uninstall, I doubt if that would help. But if you have good backups of your system, I guess it wouldn't hurt to try.
My main hesitancy about uninstalling is how much information I will be losing -- even with my backup.  e.g. the read/unread markers of  each email.  Is that information stored in the message.* file?  I assume the sorting/filtering rules are in Account.srb.  How about the templates within each folder/subfolder.  I have numerous mail folders/subfolders; and it will very time consuming to redo all of them.

P.S.  How do you do Quoting?   I use the " icon and the result is not the same as yours.

I don't have ImgDIRules.txt.  Instead, I have dwnloadrules.dat -- probably due to version difference?

Yes, it seems so.

So I assume "Allways" means allow all -- at least in my version.  Also that means the rules in the Image Download Manager are ignored if "Always" is selected?

Yes, I think so.

My main hesitancy about uninstalling is how much information I will be losing -- even with my backup.

Yes, I fully understand. I have never uninstalled my copy of The Bat for that reason. To find previous discussions about this issue, maybe this google query will help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=account.srb++account.flb++Account.CFN&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b

P.S.  How do you do Quoting?   I use the " icon and the result is not the same as yours.

I select the line(s) that I want to quote and press the " icon, like you do. I also put an empty line between the quoted text and my response.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:

Yes, I fully understand. I have never uninstalled my copy of The Bat for that reason. To find previous discussions about this issue, maybe this google query will help:

https://www.google.com/search?q=account.srb++account.flb++Account.CFN&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-b
Thanks for the link.  It tells me what most of the file extensions mean.

I uninstall and reinstall The Bat!; but the problem remains.  So I have put in a Support ticket.  Thanks for all your help.
Edited: L Chen - 27 April 2020 11:27:32
Pages: 1