Pages: 1
RSS
Keyboard short cut to open received mail

Every time I want to open an email in my inbox, I automatically double click the mail item Most of the time nothing happens, but sometimes the message opens as intended.
I have posted about this issue sometime before, but the problem persists.I am pretty sure that we clould open a mail message in older versions of TB! for why else would it be such an automatic gesture.

How can I change the settings so that I can open a new mail item simply by clicking on it?

------

The Bat! Home Edition

Version 9.1.18 (64-bit)

Copyright © 1998-2020 Ritlabs, SRL
All rights reserved.

Registered to
Ochrid Hogen Esch
S/N 4D5FB649
Single-computer licence
Valid for version 9

--------

Thank you.

Did you try select need it letter and just press ENTER?
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

It is somewhat dependent on your preferred view mode. I use the vertical split mode (workspace>windows split mode>horizontal split) which shows message with a single click or by just moving mouse to next entry in message list view . Why the option is 'horizontal split' yet produces a vertical split is beyond my grasp. Good luck.
david

Adriana Hadrianus wrote:
Every time I want to open an email in my inbox, I automatically double click the mail item Most of the time nothing happens, but sometimes the message opens as intended.

Could it be that you're simply not double-clicking fast enough when it doesn't work? Minimum double-click speed is usually set in Windows' mouse settings (or in a seperate configuration program that may have come with your mouse).

Oh, and I use "Full-height Account Tree" window split mode, which I warmly recommend to all users :-)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

david kirk wrote:
It is somewhat dependent on your preferred view mode. I use the vertical split mode (workspace>windows split mode>horizontal split) which shows message with a single click or by just moving mouse to next entry in message list view . Why the option is 'horizontal split' yet produces a vertical split is beyond my grasp. Good luck.
david

Thank you, David.

The horizontal split did the trick.

Much relieved,

Adriana
Pages: 1