Pages: 1
RSS
TheBat send a mail with a VPN (NORDVPN), How to configure thebat to send an email behind a VPN?

Hello

I have been using TheBat since 2008 happily but recently, I installed NORDVPN as a VPN and when it is active, I can no longer send emails.
I use TheBat pro 8.8.9 (64-bit) but I can't configure it to send mail.
However, I configured the SMTP servers On-The-Go  but nothing happens.
Can you help me ?

Best regards
Edited: Claude Beier - 25 May 2020 00:28:50

Do you get any error messages? What do the log files say?

I have no VPN experience, and I don't know how you installed Nordvpn, but I think you may have to define it as a proxy server in The Bat under Options | Network & Administration | Proxy  (except, I guess, if you installed it in a manner that causes all internet traffic to be automatically routed through the proxy - I think that may be possible when you set up the proxy in your modem).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

This is usual situation with VPN services. Ask your VPN support or just change "cities" in VPN and find city where Bat do works with your VPN.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I can confirm what George has said. That is what I had to do when I started using my VPN.
Cheers
DrT

I use NordVPN and didn't have to change any settings. Latest theBat! PRO 32 bit. Currently connected to United States #5292 server.
Is it specific servers that fail? Tell me what city, country fails and I will try it.

Doug Fitzpatrick wrote:
I use NordVPN and didn't have to change any settings. Latest theBat! PRO 32 bit. Currently connected to United States #5292 server.
Is it specific servers that fail? Tell me what city, country fails and I will try it.
Hello
Thank you for your answers.
I live in Paris in Europe and I connect most often on Swiss, Luxembourg or Czech Republic servers. as follows # 142, # 77 or # 93

Doug, I tested your server and I have the same error message as follows:

"5.7.1 <unknow [104.140.79.84]: 52224>: Client host rejected: Access denied"

Daniel
i have the same type of message regardless of the server used.
I don't know how to configure the proxi. I don't know the parameters of the norpVPN proxi
I will ask NordVPN support.

Best regards

Hello

problem solved

It was not due to TheBat or NordVPN but to my configuration of my mailboxes.
I had to authorize the use of authenticated smtp on these !

thank you again for those who have tried to help me.
best regards

Good to hear you have solved your problem. I just tried on #142, 77 and 94.(93 not available) All worked well.
Pages: 1