Pages: 1
RSS
Can't connect to receive or send messages

I have six accounts that work fine send/receive with the same host.

I just set up a seventh account with the same host.
But for some reason The Bat isn't sending or receiving messages.

I know the account exists because I can go online on the Web and receive/send
messages there.

I can't find anything obvious wrong in my settings.
Any suggestions.
The error messages I get are:

!6/20/2020, 21:00:38: SEND  - Connection to host broken (last commands sent were: "EHLO CPE0001805cd24e-CM84948c5efd40.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com", "MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com> SIZE=339")
!6/20/2020, 21:00:38: SEND  - Connection to host broken (last commands sent were: "EHLO CPE0001805cd24e-CM84948c5efd40.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com", "MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxxx@xxxxx.com> SIZE=339")
6/20/2020, 21:00:38: SEND  - connection finished - 0 message(s) sent
6/20/2020, 21:00:38: SEND  - Some messages were not sent - check the log for details

Here is a comparison of two account logs for sending a message.

The first is the one that doesn't work, the second is the one that works...

6/21/2020, 00:43:07: SEND - TLS handshake complete

6/21/2020, 00:43:07: SEND - connected to SMTP server

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - authenticating (login)...

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - TLS connection completed successfully

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - WARNING: authentication failed

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - sending message to xxxxxx@xxxxx.com

!6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - Connection to host broken (last commands sent were: "EHLO CPE0001805cd24e-CM84948c5efd40.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com", "MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com> SIZE=339")

!6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - Connection to host broken (last commands sent were: "EHLO CPE0001805cd24e-CM84948c5efd40.cpe.net.cable.rogers.com", "MAIL FROM:<xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com> SIZE=339")

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - connection finished - 0 message(s) sent

6/21/2020, 00:43:08: SEND - Some messages were not sent - check the log for details

6/20/2020, 23:34:30: SEND - TLS handshake complete

6/20/2020, 23:34:30: SEND - connected to SMTP server

6/20/2020, 23:34:30: SEND - authenticating (login)...

6/20/2020, 23:34:31: SEND - sending message to xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com and others

<6/20/2020, 23:34:35: SEND - message to xxxxxxx@xxxxx.com and others sent (498714 bytes)

6/20/2020, 23:34:36: SEND - TLS connection completed successfully

6/20/2020, 23:34:36: SEND - connection finished - 1 message(s) sent

Have you verified that your settings in Account Properties | Transport are exactly the same for this account as they are for the accounts that work? (except of course for the username and password - and are you sure that those are correct?)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Have you verified that your settings in Account Properties | Transport are exactly the same for this account as they are for the accounts that work? (except of course for the username and password - and are you sure that those are correct?)
Thanks for helping out!
I just got the problem fixed with a tech guy at my ISP company.

To answer your questions first. Yes all of the settings were correct (same as my other six accounts with same company).
And yes, the username and password were correct.

Before I continue, how can I SEE the password. The Bat always hides it. How do I make it visible to check it?

The tech guy gave me a new password to use JUST with The Bat and the ISP, to log in!
I use a different password to log in on the web!

It worked! :)

Strange that I didn't need a special password with the other six The Bat accounts, but this new one I do!

Mad Batter wrote:
Before I continue, how can I SEE the password. The Bat always hides it. How do I make it visible to check it?

Allowing that would be considered a severe security chasm.

Mad Batter wrote:
The tech guy gave me a new password to use JUST with The Bat and the ISP, to log in!I use a different password to log in on the web!

I believe this is the trend -- password per application accessing the account. Certainly for my account on fastmail.com, when I set up Aquamail on my phone, I have to obtain a separate password. I would guess that the older accounts were grandfathered in, and that if you have to re-establish them in the future, you'll need a separate application password.

Edward
Edited: paleolith Reid - 16 August 2020 21:53:43

Cannot send or receive Google emails , just upgraded to the newest version (9.2.2) today hoping this will resolve the issue that started about a month ago.
The Bat downloads mail from google only when it decides it's a good time or looks more like when google decides to open the iron curtain for a minute.
Eventually i get the mail but 99% of the time send/receive does not work
Any ideas what is going on?

paleolith Reid wrote:
Mad Batter wrote:

"Allowing that would be considered a severe security chasm."

Sure, if someone unauthorized opened your computer.
But what if you are the only one using your computer?
Shouldn't The Bat offer you a button to click on (that is password protected if need be) so you can check your old password?
This has been bugging me for years!

Mad Batter wrote:
The tech guy gave me a new password to use JUST with The Bat and the ISP, to log in!I use a different password to log in on the web!

I believe this is the trend -- password per application accessing the account. Certainly for my account on fastmail.com, when I set up Aquamail on my phone, I have to obtain a separate password. I would guess that the older accounts were grandfathered in, and that if you have to re-establish them in the future, you'll need a separate application password.

Edward

So you are saying that ISP's will not only dictate your passwords (kind of goes against what you stated at the top doesn't it? "security chasm")
but keep them on file. Just how safe is that???

Mad Batter

Mad Batter,

1) Please do not write your responses within the other person's quotes as you did in the message above.

2) If you cannot find a topic that you participated in, click on your name to go to your profile (or go straight to https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/user/117031/ ) and click on 'Messages'. I'm deleting the topic that you opened just to say that you couldn't find your recent message about mass mailings. Hint: you'll find that message, and my reply, in this thread: https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum5/topic853/
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1