Pages: 1
RSS
Template for Reply font color

I keep going into the Template for Replies and changing the Font color to Blue.
But when I hit Reply, the text stays Black!

Is there a bug in the program?

I do this in Account and Folder settings. No difference.

Thanks.

True e-mail is just plain text. No color, no italics, no bolding, no underscore, no thrills at all.  If you want to use color in your e-mail, you have to use HTML mail. Is that what you are doing?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
True e-mail is just plain text. No color, no italics, no bolding, no underscore, no thrills at all.  If you want to use color in your e-mail, you have to use HTML mail. Is that what you are doing?
Well maybe I haven't set up the template/account properly?
For this e-mail account I would like to have my replies done in HTML (all my others are straight text).

Can I set this account up so my replies are automatically in HTML and my reply is in Blue color?
And can I choose my font and size too?

Thanks!

Mad Batter wrote:
Can I set this account up so my replies are automatically in HTML

Yes, it is. See the image -

https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/6eeb959a-126d-4e61-b5e5-b70439872bcb/07.27.2020-13.52.png
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Mad Batter wrote:
Can I set this account up so my replies are automatically in HTML and my reply is in Blue color?

George has shown you how to make a HTML template, but that does not force The Bat to reply in HTML format.

As far as I know, that is ruled by a global setting (i.e. it applies to all accounts..), Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | "Default Editor For Text".
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Mad Batter wrote:

George has shown you how to make a HTML template, but that does not force The Bat to reply in HTML format.

As far as I know, that is ruled by a global setting (i.e. it applies to all accounts..), Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | "Default Editor For Text".
Oh that's too bad. You mean you can't set up one account to be different from the others?
Or two or three?

Mad Batter wrote:
Oh that's too bad. You mean you can't set up one account to be different from the others?

Yes, I suspect that's true in this case.

The only workaround that I can think of would be to create a second set of settings in the registry, and then use the "/reg:" command line parameter to run The Bat with either the old or the new settings (you could make two simple batch files for that, and put a shortcut for each on your desktop). That way, you would have one install for accounts with plain e-mails and another one for accounts with HTML-formatted messages. Each configuration should have a different mail folder, too, I suppose. For more on this, see this old message.

Not to butt in, but there may be a misunderstanding here? Using HTML as a global default is true, as Daniel indicated, but the reply template can be unique to each account.

david

david kirk wrote:
Not to butt in, but there may be a misunderstanding here? Using HTML as a global default is true, as Daniel indicated, but the reply template can be unique to each account.

True, but wouldn't that HTML template be useless if the editor comes up in plain text mode? I may very well be missing something here, as I STILL hate HTML and hardly ever use it.. ;-)

Do butt in whenever you feel like it!

Hi, Daniel,
Like you, I rarely have need for HTML, but others may need/want it. The important items are:
1. set HTML as default editor
2. uncheck (if checked) the 'reply to HTML in plain text option'  

3. if color is desired, use a template.

This will cause TB! to send in HTML and to respond in HTML, even to text messages.  

Personally, I keep mine set to plain text - not the microed editor. Has never failed me.

Stay safe,
david

Yes, thanks for that David. However, Mad Batter appears to have both 'plain text' and 'html' accounts, so I'm afraid he will have to run two separate copies of The Bat if he wants the appropriate editor and the appropriate template to come up at all times.

thank you
Pages: 1