Pages: 1
RSS
The Bat on multiple devices

Hi all,

I've trialled the Bat and am interested in the professional version of the Bat. I currently use mail on a total of 4 devices from work/home: 2 Desktops, 1 Laptop and a mobile.

I have two questions:
  1. Does this mean I would need to buy 4 licenses? (for total 240 € ?!? - this is kind of expensive)
  2. Is there an import/export settings function so that I don't have to set up email templates, IMAP settings etc. on all 4 devices?
Cheers,
Joern
Edited: Joern Herrmann - 05 September 2020 12:05:01 (Typo)

The license page has this text:  

"Though your Registered License for The Bat! Professional Edition  provides you with the ability to install a copy of The Bat! on multiple  devices, you may use only one copy of The Bat! per Licensed User at a  time.  "

That means you can have a copy on multiple devices, but don't use them all concurrently - which I doubt you would do.

For setup, first set up all accounts on one PC. Then, you can copy the entire mail folder to the other PC and laptop. I haven't used the Voyager, but it may work similarly. I keep a backup of my mail folder and that has made it easy to do reinstalls.
Edited: david kirk - 05 September 2020 19:27:03 (added extra info)

Thanks so much for your response Guru. I had missed that second part of the license passage. It would have been nice to have a certain number of allowed devices without limitations, but this "one at time" policy is something I can live with.

That's great to know with the mail folder - seems straight forward so will give that a go!

Joern Herrmann wrote:
Thanks so much for your response Guru. I had missed that second part of the license passage. It would have been nice to have a certain number of allowed devices without limitations, but this "one at time" policy is something I can live with.

That's great to know with the mail folder - seems straight forward so will give that a go!

The Bat! also has a very good backup and restore facility..although currently doesn't work on a mobile device :-(
Edited: Spank Monkey - 07 September 2020 18:51:54
Cheers
MS

Same question for the Personal Edition. I just bought a new laptop, and want to use TheBat! on it. Can I re-use my present registration? Also, having a hard time finding my current product key.

>>  Also, having a hard time finding my current product key.
Ask the support about it
>> Can I re-use my present registration?
Yes, you can
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1