Pages: 1
RSS
Small screen use tips?, Show display name in From column

I'm looking for tips to set up the Bat for use on a small screen.
I've always used TB on a huge desktop screen, but now I'm planning to use Voyager on a much smaller laptop screen.

A]
Do I have any control over what and how things are displayed in Summary View?
For example, I've setup Display names in my address book. They show when using the standard column view, but seem to be ignored in the Summary view

B]
I can zoom in/out the message size. Can I also configure the standard zoom?
Or even better, the zoom factor based on the sender. I'm on several mailing lists and some use tiny fonts and others overly big font. It would be nice if I'd zoom less often.

C]
TB shows a date for older messages. Only a time for today's messages.
Instead of a date, I would like to show only day and time for this week's messages. For example: Friday 12:00

D]
I'm aware TB has zillions of options. I checked them out and I made some good improvements to efficient screen use. But with so many options there may be veterans that found a gem they want to share.

As odd as it may sound, my biggest gem is switching to the Roboto font. Don't ask me why, but my aging eyes like that font...
Edited: Vrax . - 21 September 2020 13:47:10

When I used TB on a low-resolution laptop computer a long time ago, I used it the same way that I did on my desktop PC and it worked fine. Not a fan of summary view though. I prefer a regular message list (I use the Window Split Mode "Full Height Account Tree").

Instead of a date, I would like to show only day and time for this week's messages. For example: Friday 12:00

See Options | Preferences | Message List | Date/Time Format | Use Custom Format For This Week's Messages.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

This week's messages isn't exactly what I was hoping for.
Today when writing this message is Tuesday. Yesterday's message are marked as Mon(day) which is exactly as I want.
But last Thursday message has a regular date.

I understand last Thursday isn't part of the current week, but I'd hoped for an option that goes back 7 days.

"Not a fan of summary view though."
I'm not it's biggest fan either, but I see it's benefits. A nice trade off.
The laptop I'll use Voyager*** on isn't really low resolution but the screen is smaller. It's just my eyes that struggle with small fonts.
No matter the screen size, a 4k screen always fits the same info.

***= I'm not planning using Voyager or USB stick. I just use Voyager on my PC right now, because that way I can test without messing with my TB that's also on the same PC.
What (TB, Voyager) on my laptop depends on what's allowed by the licence.
Am I allowed to install TB on two machines? I'm the only user on both machines. I own one copy of TB Pro, not a multiuser deal.

Am I allowed to install TB on two machines? I'm the only user on both machines. I own one copy of TB Pro, not a multiuser deal.

The license terms seem to be self-contradictory:

"In the event You purchase a Registered License for The Bat! Professional Edition, Your Registered License provides you with the ability to use The Bat! for both commercial and non-commercial uses and to install The Bat! on one device per Licensed User. Though your Registered License for The Bat! Professional Edition provides you with the ability to install a copy of The Bat! on multiple devices, you may use only one copy of The Bat! per Licensed User at a time."

My non-lawyer interpretation: On the one hand they say that you have permission to install it one one device. But then they state that technically, you can install it on more devices, but you should not use it on more than one device at the same time.

When the professional party in a transaction, in this case the supplier, states conditions that are unclear or contradictory, I think they should be interpreted in the benefit of the consumer (the buyer). In other words, I would take these words to mean that you can have multiple installations as long as you don't use more than one at the same time.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yeah, that looks like a contradiction...
Voyager is what I would call TB-portable. And it's clear Voyager is free with TB Pro. So that's 2 copies.
I'm going to mail Ritlabs and will post their answer here.

The reply I got from the official support on this site:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

According to our license agreement you are allowed to register with the same key several copies of The Bat! on different devices, however you can run only one copy of the program at a time.

I've configured a short date and it shows correctly in the message list.

But in View | Message header. it shows a very long date format. Where can I configure this to a shorter format?

Wednesday, 23 September, 2020, 14:19:19  (Wed, 23 Sep 2020 12:19:19 +0000)

I don't know if that can be changed. Hopefully someone else will chime in.
Pages: 1