Pages: 1
RSS
New Gmail account, Can't send messages

UPDATE:  He can SEND but not receive.  I had it backwards.

My husband is trying to set up a second Gmail account in The Bat. He can receive mail but when he tries to send it keeps asking for his password. Any suggestions on what setting we have wrong?
Edited: Ann C - 12 December 2020 05:14:49

See: Account Properties | Transport | Section:Receive Mail | Button:Authentication

Q: Is this properly off?  "Do not store password, prompt on mail retrieval"
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Yes, that is turned off.

Is he getting any error messages, either on-screen or in the log file?

Have you compared all settings of this account with those of the functional account?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

As far as we can see, all settings are the same as his other Gmail account.  And, I have two different Gmail accounts on my computer and the settings are the same.

OK, I just tried sending a message from that account on his computer and I got this error message:  Server reports error:the response is 5.7.0 https://support.google.com/mail/psWantAuthError q127sm295395oia.18=gsmtp

So, he can't send or receive from that account.  

When I go to https://myaccount.google.com/security there's a section "Apps with access to your account". When I click on it, I see The Bat listed under "Third-party apps with account access" as well as under "Signing in with Google". Do you see that too?

And back in The Bat itself, under Account Properties | Transport | Section:Receive Mail | Button:Authentication, is the authentication method set to OAUTH? (it is for me, and it works).

The Bat was already listed as a third party app with access, so that didn't need to be changed.

We switched the authentication from "regular" to "OAUTH" and he can now send but still not receive mail.

I really appreciate all of your help.  Since I have had multiple Gmail accounts set up in The Bat and not had any problems, and he already had a Gmail account set up, we can't figure out why this one account won't work like the others.  We set it up exactly the same.  But, I am so thankful that you are giving us some suggestions to try.

Also, the ports on all the Gmail accounts we have are Incoming 995, Outgoing 465.  But, the instructions when I checked Gmail as to how to set up your email client says that the Outgoing should be 587.  What ports do you have your set at?  These are all set up as POP accounts.
Edited: Ann C - 14 December 2020 02:05:23 (added more information)

UPDATE:  Everything is now working in my husband's new Gmail account.  We deleted it and set it up again, exactly the same way.  We checked all the settings on Gmail for forwarding POP mail.  The only change we made was to have the copies on the Gmail online account be archived after downloading via POP.  Other than that, all the other settings were the same.  Thank you for all of your help.

Glad to hear that you've got it working!
Pages: 1