Pages: 1
RSS
BC; ing messages

I am finally about to fire off a bunch of e-mails to several dozen like-minded groups.

I would like the mailing to be bc;'d.

I just did a test and mailed to a bunch of my addresses to see the results.

It's not quite what I was hoping for.

The To: field remains the same, but the email is not personalized.
Of course the bc:'d are invisible as expected.

Is there a way to tell The Bat to take each bc;'d address and have them become the To: address,
one at a time?

If not, what is the best and easiest way to personalize a long list of e-mail addresses
so that the recipient sees their e-mail address in the To: field and no other
e-mail address in either the CC: or BC: field?

Thanks!

https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/70/?sphrase_id=2183032#6638 - carefully read this and setup.

Therefore, I do not recommend to use TheBat! for mass mailing. Look at special programs like this - https://www.bspdev.ru/products/ams-enterprise.html
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

The mass mailing feature works just fine, I don't know why you shouldn't use it. Be aware though that most internet providers have limits on how many messages you can send in an hour, and how many addresses you can put in a BCC: field.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

>> The mass mailing feature works just fine, I don't know why you shouldn't use it.
No, it is not. It works only when all people in your mail listing knows your email and do whitelisting in "every corners". There are many things that TB! doesn't know and not apply in mass mail sending (just check help of email sending software). For example, as you say - even your own hosting can block you if will decide that you are doing spam.

I was canceled all my mass sending through TheBat many years ago, because some receivers not receive my news by many different reasons. Special soft for mass sending can move around of strange postserver restrictions on receive-side and send news with decreased blocking from post-server protection. And I won't do any spam listing, that's all about my real buyers and news for them.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Thanks for helping!

I'm not sure whether the mass mailing feature will work in my case.

It talks about creating a 'Group' first.
I don't see a way to do this.
I was able to create a Group name, but that was as far as I could get.
I could not see any way to add addresses to the group.

Even if I could find out how to do this, it doesn't appear that I would be able to add say 20
e-mail addresses separated by commas by then pasting them in to the Group.

And if I could do this, it doesn't seem like the personalizing I have in mind is what
The Bat has in mind.

I don't need the beginning of my e-mail to say "Dear xxxxx"
and have The Bat ins ert the correct name for each one.

I will address the beginning the same way for all  "Dear so-and-so Lovers:"

What I need is the ability to take each address from the BC: list, and insert each, one at
a time in to the To: field.

This way each recipient would get an e-mail addressed to them personally.
They would see only their address in the To: field and no other addresses
in the CC: or BC: fields.

Can The Bat do this?

Thanks!

Mad Batter wrote:
It talks about creating a 'Group' first.
I don't see a way to do this.

Open the address book, then File | New | Group. Set a name and a short handle. That's all there's to it..

I could not see any way to add addresses to the group.

There are at least 4 different ways to add a "new contact". Just click on your new group and then use either the menu, the toolbar, the INS key or the context menu (that you get when you right-click in the empty space of your address book group).

Even if I could find out how to do this, it doesn't appear that I would be able to add say 20
e-mail addresses separated by commas by then pasting them in to the Group.

It lets you import addresses from all sorts of formats.

I don't need the beginning of my e-mail to say "Dear xxxxx"

That's just optional. You don't HAVE to use macros in your template.

What I need is the ability to take each address from the BC: list, and insert each, one at
a time in to the To: field.

That's not how BCC's work. When you put the addresses in the BCC field, you would normally put one address (e.g. your own) in the TO field. To manually copy an address from a list to the TO field would defeat the purpose of using the BCC field, or of using the mass mailing feature for that matter.

This way each recipient would get an e-mail addressed to them personally.
They would see only their address in the To: field and no other addresses
in the CC: or BC: fields.

Can The Bat do this?

That's what the mass mailing feature does. See the link that George gave you for an explanation. Basically, you create an address list (address book group) and a template. The Bat will generate a message from that template for each contact on the list. To get a feel for how it works, maybe you could create a small address book group with addresses of your own to practice with. Good luck!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks Daniel for helping out, I appreciate it!

I don't want to sound anal, or like a beginner (I've been working with computers for more than 30 years now,
but the process is not straight forward unless you know the secrets to making this happen.

You are saying that when it's all set up, the group list (which was created by simply pasting a list of 20 or so addresses into it, addresses
that were not entered one at a time into The Bat's address book) will be selected to mail to,
and then when the mailing is completed, each BC: recipient will receive the e-mail with THEIR e-mail address in the To: field
and no other e-mail addresses showing from the BC: list?

If you could give step-by step instructions on how to achieve this it would be appreciated.
I tried to follow the links above on how to create a mass mailing but didn't get even past creating the Group part.  :(

MB

I'm making some progress but I'm still not quite there.

The key is that I'm not able to create a proper Group and also assign it to the Mass mailing.

My phone book currently consists of 4 entries. One is actually a duplicate, not sure how that happened.
One is *supposed* to be a Group.

When I highlight Personal Address Book I see the four entries (one called Mass 1).
When I highlight 'Mass test' (the name of my new Group) I see a name of 'Mass group' and one e-mail entry.
But when I left-click on the one e-mail entry there is a drop down that shows two more e-mail addresses, or three in total.

So this is what I tried.
Tools/Address Book/File/New/Mass Mailing using template/Mass mailing (Mass) Action Saves as Draft.
This time I got a different result. This time in my Draft folder was ONE entry!
To: Mass group
And the 'group' consisted of ONE e-mail address.  :(

Edited: Mad Batter - 17 December 2020 07:22:00

Mad Batter wrote:
You are saying that when it's all set up, the group list (which was created by simply pasting a list of 20 or so addresses into it, addresses
that were not entered one at a time into The Bat's address book) will be selected to mail to,
and then when the mailing is completed, each BC: recipient will receive the e-mail with THEIR e-mail address in the To: field
and no other e-mail addresses showing from the BC: list?

No.

You can't just blindly paste some undefined list of addresses into the address book. You either enter the addresses one by one or you import them from a suitable file format that holds the addresses.

The field that you refer to is called BCC (not BC) but you will not use it.

Instead, from the address book, you will use FILE | NEW | MASS MAILING USING TEMPLATE once you have created both a suitable quick template and a proper address book group. See George's link.

Mad Batter wrote:
When I highlight Personal Address Book I see the four entries (one called Mass 1).When I highlight 'Mass test' (the name of my new Group) I see a name of 'Mass group' and one e-mail entry.But when I left-click on the one e-mail entry there is a drop down that shows two more e-mail addresses, or three in total.

Sounds like that particular contact (each line is a contact, not an address) has multiple addresses.  Maybe you should start anew, like this:

1) Again open Personal Address book, then delete all unused address book groups by right-clicking on them, one by one, and picking 'Delete'.

2) With everything gone that might distract you, right-click on 'Personal Address Book' itself and pick New Group

3) Give it both a name and a handle "MADBATTER"

4) Right-click on your new MADBATTER group and pick "New Contact"

5) In the dialog that comes up, enter one (1) email address of your own in the field named 'E-mail address(es)'

6) Repeat steps 4-5 twice to enter two more of your own e-mail addresses into the address book group.

7) Now you have an address book group that holds three addresses of your own. You can use this for testing purposes. Once it works as desired, you can create a real address book group for your mailing.

Mad Batter wrote:
When I highlight Personal Address Book I see the four entries (one called Mass 1).When I highlight 'Mass test' (the name of my new Group) I see a name of 'Mass group' and one e-mail entry.But when I left-click on the one e-mail entry there is a drop down that shows two more e-mail addresses, or three in total.

Sounds like that particular contact (each line is a contact, not an address) has multiple addresses.  Maybe you should start anew, like this:

1) Again open Personal Address book, then delete all unused address book groups by right-clicking on them, one by one, and picking 'Delete'.

2) With everything gone that might distract you, right-click on 'Personal Address Book' itself and pick New Group

3) Give it both a name and a handle "MADBATTER"

4) Right-click on your new MADBATTER group and pick "New Contact"

5) In the dialog that comes up, enter one (1) email address of your own in the field named 'E-mail address(es)'

6) Repeat steps 4-5 twice to enter two more of your own e-mail addresses into the address book group.

7) Now you have an address book group that holds three addresses of your own. You can use this for testing purposes. Once it works as desired, you can create a real address book group for your mailing.
Thanks Daniel very much!

This is exactly what I needed to get things working.  :)

I did the test which worked, then moved to the actual e-mail list.
My provider limited the total to 12 e-mails per batch.
But that's OK, I'm just breaking them down after waiting an appropriate time.

>> Thanks Daniel very much!
Daniel has the universal power to be calm with RTFM questions :)

Don't forget to say thank you with point forum system: https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/90b57f36-0a4a-4036-bdad-e665d8c667c6/10.31.2019-22.46.png
Pages: 1