Pages: 1
RSS
Visual notifications., Visual notifications for new mails arrival.

The bat! it would be a great program. But is it possible that you cannot have visual notifications for the arrival of new emails?
Thanks

That's what the Mail ticker does. See Options | Preferences | Message List | Mail ticker.

Also, the system tray icon of a flying Bat can be animated when unread messages are present (Options | Preferences | General).
Besides, when a folder contains unread mail, its name in the accounts pane is made bold (or colorized, whatever).

Finally you can create your own filter for incoming mail and run an external program or batch file.

If you were looking for something else, you can suggest it to the developers using the 'Support' option above.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Finally you can create your own filter for incoming mail and run an external program or batch file.
How do you create this filter? For example, it would be enough for me to open a document (eg notepad) with the words: "there is new mail".

Go to Account | Sorting Office/Filters

In the Account field, choose 'common filter' so it will work for all your accounts (or pick one account if you do not want that).

In the panel below it, right-click on Incoming Mail and pick New Filter

In the panel to the right, give the filter a name ('New Mail' or something like that)

As a condition, set 'Any message'

Below that, as an Action, set 'Run external action' and configure it as desired.

Press OK twice to close the sorting office and to return to the main program. Send yourself a new message to see if it works.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I tried (I don't know if I understood everything correctly; I know little English and I have to use google translate), putting as action: launch notapad, but it does not launch it

That's what the Mail ticker does. See Options | Preferences | Message List | Mail ticker.

Also, the system tray icon of a flying Bat can be animated when unread messages are present (Options | Preferences | General).
Besides, when a folder contains unread mail, its name in the accounts pane is made bold (or colorized, whatever).

If you were looking for something else, you can suggest it to the developers using the 'Support' option above.
Can you watch the video below to see if I did everything right?
Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYCFt8K_OuA

I would change the condition to "Ogni messaggio" (instead of Mittente.....)

You seem to have multiple (test) filters. Maybe an earlier filter is intercepting the new incoming messages, so that your current filter cannot see them. So, I would remove the old test filters.

You seem to have multiple (test) filters. Maybe an earlier filter is intercepting the new incoming messages, so that your current filter cannot see them. So, I would remove the old test filters.
I did as you said, but it doesn't work.

If you change the action to "Play a sound", does that work?

Play a sound, it works. But I'll explain why I prefer a visual notification. Sometimes I turn off the speakers so as not to disturb and I would not hear the sound.

A moment! I tried, using: perform external action, to select: c: \ windows \ notepad and the notepad program opened. But if I open notepad first, I write in it: New Mail and I save it as New Mail.txt, then I select it, it doesn't work. I have seen it works by selecting Programs only. Can you tell me why? Even if it only opened the "Notepad" program it would warn me that new mail has arrived, but if it opened with "New Mail" it would be more elegant. Do you have other solutions in mind?
Thank you very much

pino carpa wrote:

I did as you said, but it doesn't work.
I am studying the program. But I don't understand for example here: When unread messages are fund: I have selected Animate Tray icon.
I tried selecting all emails and selecting messages as all read. Yet the bat in the taskbar continues to fly. Because? It should sit still.
Edited: pino carpa - 19 December 2020 14:01:07

pino carpa wrote:
Play a sound, it works.

Good! That means that the filter works, and only the action had an error.

Try changing the command line of the external action into:

Code
c:\windows\notepad.exe "c:\windows\new mail.txt"

Of course, you must make sure that New Mail.txt exists in C:\WINDOWS.

I think the space in "new mail.txt" was causing the problem.

pino carpa wrote:
I have selected Animate Tray icon.
I tried selecting all emails and selecting messages as all read. Yet the bat in the taskbar continues to fly. Because? It should sit still.

I agree. I think there is still an unread messages somewhere deep in the messagebase?

Thank you so much for your suggestions; you are really useful. Another curiosity; when I hover with the mouse, for example, on a list of offers from ebay, but also from amazon etc., all the references of the object appear  which is a bit annoying when there are several objects in the email. Is there a way to make sure they don't appear?
Hidden Text
Edited: pino carpa - 20 December 2020 14:30:18

I think it is just the link (URL) that you are seeing when you hover over an image. That is an important security feature. Phishing mails often have dangerous hidden links, and this helps you to see the real URL before you click on it.

Anyway, I think it is called 'HTML Tooltip' or 'URL Tooltip' or something like that. There should be a setting for it somewhere under Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor | HTML Viewer (I don't know exactly because it is different in my version 8 of The Bat).

>>  (I don't know exactly because it is different in my version 8 of The Bat).
9.3 version:
https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/729ec19c-fce0-44aa-8d63-1be4c37630f5/12.21.2020-10.39.png

>> Another curiosity;
Please stop doing that things! This is not your own blog! One thread - one question!
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

George Salnik wrote:
>>  (I don't know exactly because it is different in my version 8 of The Bat).
9.3 version:
https://content.screencast.com/users/george2534/folders/Snagit/media/729ec19c-fce0-44aa-8d63-1be4c37630f5/12.21.2020-10.39.png

>> Another curiosity;
Please stop doing that things! This is not your own blog! One thread - one question!
Sorry. I won't ask any more questions.

pino carpa wrote:
Sorry. I won't ask any more questions.
You can ask more questions)) But, please, do for every new question new thread (add new topic)!
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1