Pages: 1
RSS
Searching Archives/Backup messages...

I have many backup files of The Bat messages.
I need to search for a certain attachment in a message I received last year.
Is it possible to search Backup messages?
If so how would I do it?
Or must I Restore a ton of messages and then search for it?

OMG!
You mean it's impossible to search backup files for a message?

Please, don't be a drama queen. Nobody is saying anything, so nobody 'means' anything.

You could restore just that one folder and search it. In the future, you may want to simply keep your messages in The Bat so you can still get back to them (I don't know why you would expect backups to be suitable for production work!). Personally, I have created a '[name]-Archive' account for each of my most used accounts, that I move messages to when they're a couple years old.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
Please, don't be a drama queen. Nobody is saying anything, so nobody 'means' anything.

You could restore just that one folder and search it. In the future, you may want to simply keep your messages in The Bat so you can still get back to them (I don't know why you would expect backups to be suitable for production work!). Personally, I have created a '[name]-Archive' account for each of my most used accounts, that I move messages to when they're a couple years old.

Sorry, that was my way of bumping the thread, as it seemed no one was going to reply.  :)

I never learned the best way to manage my e-mails with The Bat.
When you have more than a dozen different e-mail accounts with thousands of messages piling up in them,
it seemed it would be in my best interest to backup/archive some of them.

I just figured with all those messages, The Bat must be slowing down and my hard disk space is being used up too.

What I have been doing is backing them up, then deleting them from The Bat.

If there is a better way to do this I'm all ears?

Try third party Utility which recommended by Alex Jason. I plan to use this utility to sort out Bat Account corruption problem.
https://www.bitrecover.com/bat-converter/
Pages: 1