Pages: 1
RSS
Problems with message autorefresh

Hi guys,
I have fixed my previous problem by just adding the message headers to my screenreader's dictionary. It just silences them, so I have bought The Bat!. Now I have a different problem though: after some time of idleness, the program just stops autorefresh of the mail, both GMail and my custom mail is affected. I can restore the default operation by pressing ALT+F2 in The Bat! Then it again works for some period of the time, and it breaks again. Why it happens?

I don't think I have heard of this problem before. Do you mean that The Bat simply stops checking for new mail?

Have you set this option: Options | Preferences | General - "Display Connection Center" - "Automatically" ?  Maybe that will help you notice the problem sooner (because the connection center does not come up).

When The Bat has stopped checking an account for new mail, are there any error messages in the log file? The key combination Shift-Control-A should bring up the log file viewer for the current account.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

The connection center shows that the program is in idle state. Wonder if there are any settings I should change in order to fix it.

The only setting that I can think of for now is that for the mail checking interval..

It is defined under Account | Properties | Options | Periodical Checking each ... Minutes (for POP3 accounts, it may be different for IMAP).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1