Pages: 1
RSS
Colored text reverts to default color when switching from bold to normal

TB 9.3.2: The first set of four lines below is what I configure for sending in the "Edit Mail Message" window.  The second set is what those same four lines look in the "Sent Mail" mailbox after I click the "Send the message" button.  When the message is actually received by the recipient it also looks like the second set of four lines. It appears that when switching from bold to normal everything having the same color as the initial bold text loses its color.  Is this a simple configuration issue or a bug?

This default bold. This default normal. This is default bold again.
This light blue bold. This light blue normal. This is light blue bold again.
This red bold. This red normal. This is red bold again.
This sea green bold. This sea green normal. This is sea green bold again.

This default bold. This default normal. This is default bold again.
This light blue bold. This light blue normal. This is light blue bold again.
This red bold. This red normal. This is red bold again.
This sea green bold. This sea green normal. This is sea green bold again.

The first line doesn't seem quite right because the bold parts are normal and vice-versa, but I assume that happened when you tried to reproduce the error here in the forum.

I'm curious what happens when you don't actually send the message, but just put it in the outbox. Does that cause the colors/bolding to change as well?

I'm also curious if it matters how you 'bolded' and colored those words. For instance, you could make the whole line bold and then make the center normal again, or you could leave the line normal and only make its beginning and end bold. That would result in different HTML code (despite the identical looks) and so, I assume, in different behavior of this bug.

I think it would be best if you submit this to the developers using the Support menu above, but they will probably want to know the answer to the last question, too. Maybe you should reduce the example to a single line and tell them exactly how you made it bold and colored. Also, upload the resulting message.html with the report so that they can try to reproduce and fix it.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel,
Yes, the first line was a typo on my part.  The bold and non-bold parts should have been the same as on the colored lines. Anyway, I simplified it down to one line containing the words
Bold Normal Bold
but it always ended up as
Bold Normal Bold
I tried various orders of bolding and unbolding as well as different orders of when I colored them but the results were the same.  I also put the message in the outbox without sending it and it displayed the same problem.  The HTML for all the messages was the same regardless of the order of things.  I didn't know how to look at the HTML before I sent or saved the message.  I will start a ticket on this as soon as I've finished this posting.
Ray

Excellent! I know they're working hard on the HTML side of the program, so I think your bug report will be very timely. Hopefully it will get fixed soon.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1