Pages: 1
RSS
Stubborn message, Can't delete

Hi,
I've got a message that keeps reappearing seconds after deletion or a change in the folder view.
Tried to delete it on the web server from where I DL the mail, moved it to another folder, deleted, compacted - nothing. It simply keeps reappearing as an unread mail. Not in thread, not draft, nothing works I have seen as a possible issue. Just a few words in the spam mail, and can't even delete it.

Any suggestions?

For a POP3 account, try the deletion function in Account >  Dispatch Mail on Server.

If it's an IMAP account, right-click on the folder, choose Properties and click on "Clear cache now".

I hope this helps..
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I had a similar problem with a message stuck in an account trash folder, and clearing the cache didn't solve it. Here is my solution.

1) Highlight the folder in which the stubborn message resides, in the accounts list pane.
2) Alt-enter, or right-click > Properties.
3) Note the 'full cache message base path'.
4) Close off The Bat!, and ensure it is fully closed.
5) Navigate to the .EBB file in question.
6) Delete it.
7) Re-open The Bat!

Worked for me. At your own risk, of course!

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
For a POP3 account, try the deletion function in Account >  Dispatch Mail on Server.

If it's an IMAP account, right-click on the folder, choose Properties and click on "Clear cache now".

I hope this helps..
Thanks, clearing cache helped! I was hesitating to just delete the file ;)
Pages: 1