Pages: 1
RSS
Invisible html

Hello, I have a very strange bug with last version of The Bat (9.3.3 64 bit). Sometimes, not always but quite often and everyday, when I reply to an html message I can write and answer normally. Before sending, the text it's perfect, but when I send it and I look at it on the sent folder, then I see that a lot of html text is missing. I have empty holes. The guy who receive it also has a lot of empty text. He sees what I see on the sent folder.

The very strange thing, is that if I copy the sent message (with the empty text) in a new message, then the missing words appear again.... It's like if some characters were written with white color or were invisible but at the same time they are present....

This happens only for certains part of text not all the message and with not all the emails.... Don't know if this is related, but I never had this bug before 9.3.3 version.

Any idea?

Thanks
Edited: duralux duralux - 26 February 2021 11:34:21

That sounds serious! Please report this to the developers (using the Support menu at the top) and please export some of those messages to .EML or .MSG files and include those with your report.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hello, I have a very strange bug with last version of The Bat (9.3.3 64 bit). Sometimes, not always but quite often and everyday, when I reply to an html message I can write and answer normally. Before sending, the text it's perfect, but when I send it and I look at it on the sent folder, then I see that a lot of html text is missing. I have empty holes. The guy who receive it also has a lot of empty text. He sees what I see on the sent folder.

The very strange thing, is that if I copy the sent message (with the empty text) in a new message, then the missing words appear again.... It's like if some characters were written with white color or were invisible but at the same time they are present....

This happens only for certains part of text not all the message and with not all the emails.... Don't know if this is related, but I never had this bug before 9.3.3 version.

It only happens when I reply to some html mails but not when I create a new mail.

And the option "include current profile's layout into html messages" is not selected

I tried to contact support but only had this answer:

This issue might be related to the HTML editor itself.
We are currently working on implementing a new HTML Editor in The Bat!, it will appear in one of the next versions, and we hope the issue you described will not appear anymore.

Any idea?

Thanks

Write about it to the support. And don't duplicate your threads!
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Sorry for duplication. I thought the original message was deleted

As I wrote, I already wrote to the support and this is their answer:

This issue might be related to the HTML editor itself.
We are currently working on implementing a new HTML Editor in The Bat!, it will appear in one of the next versions, and we hope the issue you described will not appear anymore.

Any idea?

why this thread appears only to me if I am logged?

For now it seems you can only try to work around the bug. Maybe by converting the message to plain text (to remove all formatting), and then back to HTML (and re-apply formatting as desired).
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1