Pages: 1
RSS
Startup folder, How to start TheBat! in a specific folder

Currently, whenever TheBat! is started it shows the folder that was current when TheBat! closed. Sometimes this is useful but often I find it not - I would prefer that it always starts up showing the inbox folder.

There's a command line option called 'Focus' for that. See https://www.ritlabs.com/en/support/help/77/#id5

However, this is more important than just an annoyance because the same thing happens when TheBat! is started due to clicking on a mailto: link. Then, whatever was the last folder is the current one for creating a new message.

Go to the account that you want to be the default and open its preferences. Under General, there should be an options to make it the default account for Mailto: links.

OOPS - apologies StillDunkers! Instead of Quote, I must have pressed the admins-only 'Modify Topic' button, editing your original message instead of just replying to it. I don't see a way to revert this, so I'm afraid that I messed up your opening post! Still, I hope you'll find the answers given useful...  :]
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank Daniel - that would explain why I didn't get a notification of a reply. I'll try your suggestions and report back.

And... the command line suggestion works perfectly, thank you :)

But the mailto doesn't. The problem there is that I have only one account, so that is already the account for mailto to use and TheBat! just opens up in the last-used folder (which has the wrong address details set in the folder properties).

I think what's needed is to apply the /ForceF command line to the mailto shell command, but checking the registy there are many entries which might be relevant. Is it possible that a developer can give a quick answer as to which particular registry entry to modify?

To speak to the developers, you'll probably have to open a support ticket using the Support menu near the top of this page.. they don't come around here often. I hope you'll find a solution!

p.s. Alternatively, maybe you could use the free 'Process Monitor' utility from Microsoft SysInternals to find out which registry entry is used to launch The Bat from a Mailto link.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Ah, that's a cunning plan. I'll give it a whirl...

And the answer is....

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\The Bat! mailto\shell\open\command

Changing that from "<path>\thebat64.exe" /open:"%1"
to "<path>\thebat64.exe" /FocusF="Inbox" /open:"%1"
worked for me.

Thanks for your help in sorting this :)

Great that you got it sorted!
Pages: 1