Pages: 1
RSS
remove a Gmail-IMAP account, how can I remove a Gmail-IMAP account from TheBat!

Morning all,
I'll shortly be leaving a committee that uses G-Suite and I have ome or two accounts in my TheBat! client.
I need to remove these from my computer as I will no longer need to check these mail accounts.

Last time I tried to remove an IMAP account, I ended up deleting all the mail and it had to be restored!

I would be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction.

TIA for your help
Jenny Z

If you are need to have a copy of your emails - do the copy into some internal folder (non-IMAP) and only then delete your IMAP-box.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

Thank you,
I don't need to keep a copy of the mails.
So, it is safe to use the Account, Delete option?  

I don't have the answer. However, if it were me, I would temporarily turn off my modem and remove the login credentials from the accounts properties.  Just to be doubly sure that The Bat won't be able to sync up with the Gmail IMAP servers and delete anything there! :)
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I have deleted IMAP accounts several times and there should be no problem. If you're nervous, you could make a temporary copy of the mail folder first (when TB! is not running).

I think her concern is that the mail might be deleted fr om the server, wh ere the remaining committee members must continue to use it after her departure.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.
Pages: 1