Pages: 1
RSS
Missing features in 9.3.4?

9.3.4 64-bit has no common "In" box.  Also there is no Junk, Trash, Dictionaries, imgfiles, Speller nor UserDics folders.

Were they taken away, or is there a setting to make them appear?

Is is possible to roll back to my previous version which was 9.3.1 32-bit?

I'm sorry, but you're speaking in riddles..

For POP3 accounts, The Bat should have whatever folders you have set up. For IMAP accounts, it will have whatever folders have been defined on the mail server. When you speak of a common inbox, you mean 'common' between what?

Possibly you were expecting the new version to show the same mail accounts and folders as the previous version did. If you installed the new version over the old, which is what the installer does by default when it finds an existing installation of The Bat, then that is what will happen. Maybe you installed the new version separately in a new folder? Or maybe your Mail Directory setting in Options | Preferences | System is no longer pointing to the folder that was previously used to hold your accounts and message bases? Maybe a clearer description of what happened will lead to better replies.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I'm sorry, but you're speaking in riddles..

My apologies, I guess I'm not using the correct words but I don't know what else to call them. :)
I installed the latest version on a new computer. Fresh install, and I didn't import any of the old version.  I'm starting completely fresh with 9.3.4.

Here are two screenshots.  In the first one a red arrow points to the "In" box that I mentioned. It is missing in my copy of TB!
https://cbiweb.com/media/thebat_no-in.jpg

The second one, you can see some folders that have always been there in my previous versions of TB!, but are now missing:
https://cbiweb.com/media/thebat_missing-folders.jpg

I hope that explains it better.  

What you're showing there is the Accounts panel. It contains the accounts and common folders that you have set up. Since this is an entirely new installation, it is still up to you to set up the accounts and common folders that you want to have there.

If you want it to be exactly like on your old computer, maybe you can copy the full contents of your Mail Directory on the old system to the Mail Directory of the new system. The location of your Mail Directory is shown under Options | Preferences | System. This will not just copy the accounts set up but also all actual messages stored on the computer.

However, there will likely still be a bunch of settings stored in the registry of the old computer that are different on the new computer. Fellow user David Kirk has created a tool that can help with moving those settings to a new computer. If interested, see https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic12953/message44205/#message44205
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
What you're showing there is the Accounts panel. It contains the accounts and common folders that you have set up. Since this is an entirely new installation, it is still up to you to set up the accounts and common folders that you want to have there.

If you want it to be exactly like on your old computer, maybe you can copy the full contents of your Mail Directory on the old system to the Mail Directory of the new system. The location of your Mail Directory is shown under Options | Preferences | System. This will not just copy the accounts set up but also all actual messages stored on the computer.

However, there will likely still be a bunch of settings stored in the registry of the old computer that are different on the new computer. Fellow user David Kirk has created a tool that can help with moving those settings to a new computer. If interested, see  https://www.ritlabs.com/en/auth-forums/forum4/topic12953/message44205/#message44205
Now I'm one who's confused. Before I added any accounts, there was nothing there.  But in my previous installation, the 'missing' folders were there by default, before adding any accounts.  I don't understand what's happening here.But I'll try David Kirk's solution, even though I don't want everything re-added on the new computer, which has half the space my old one did.
Pages: 1