Pages: 1
RSS
How to read an HTML message where I've selected to receive in Plain Text?

G'Day

I wish to get "mostly" all emails in plaintext.

One place only that sends them ONLY uses HTML.
Actually I trust this place implicitly.
So I just got an HTML from them and it has some links I need to click-on.

There is no link encoded to the plaintext view.
The "Source" seems to be HTML.
So I wonder if there is a TheBat! choice I can select to see only this email in HTML?

thank you

Which version of The Bat are you using?

When you hover the mouse pointer over the link, do you not see its URL displayed near the bottom of the message window?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

The Bat! Professional Edition

Version 9.4 (64-bit)

Hover over link?
There is no Link seen. It's plain text.

Had they coded it to where I saw https:// ..... but they didn't ... must be some other HTML-like coding ?
Anyway ... there is a sentence which begins as such: "Click Here to " .

Running mouse over has no effects.

Maybe I'm missing something here. I also prefer plain text, but I do have some HTML email. I have the two HTML viewer options set to show 'Plain text and HTML text' (in that order) and that gives me the plain text view as default, but if I want to view the HTML, I just click the HTML tab at bottom of message for full HTML view. Unless I'm seriously misunderstanding the issue, that would seem to resolve the issue. Good luck.
david

rob d wrote:
Version 9.4 (64-bit)

That's the latest version, which had its HTML editor overhauled. I've kept using v8, so I'm not sure what changed exactly, but many users seem to prefer v9.3.4 for now due to bugs/inconveniences in v9.4

Running mouse over has no effects.

In older versions, hovering over a link in HTML view would show the actual URL. It's an important safety feature, so I'm sorry to hear that you don't see that in v9.4. I don't know when this feature was lost, but as this is the first time that I hear of it, that may well have been in v9.4.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Hi, Daniel,
As I understand it, he is not seeing a link because he was using the plain text view option. If he changes the setting to show plain text view and HTML view, his problem should disappear.

david

David: Thanks! Upon re-reading, that must indeed be the problem.

david kirk wrote:
Hi, Daniel,
As I understand it, he is not seeing a link because he was using the plain text view option. If he changes the setting to show plain text view and HTML view, his problem should disappear.

david
Yes, that solved it/

For info, I was worried that even if I got an HTML "Evil" message ...Virus or bogus links etc, that even if I downloaded it despite not reading the evil-email, that I could get the same virus or activate an unknown link.

It seems that if I just see the plain text ND don't bother with the HTML-part, then I maybe OK

thanks
Pages: 1