=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-= Moderator's note, Oct. 1st 2021: Ritlabs has addressed this issue in a statement that you can find HERE. =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
The workaround (switch to Microsoft CrypAPI under Options) for expired TLS certificate works fine for newer machines and operating systems. I'm using TheBat under XP and the version is 7.4.16 (last one supported for this operating system). The workaround doesn't work.I would like to continue using it under this configuration for my own reasons and I'm probably not alone. It would be great if TheBat team can offer a patch to make it work for older machines. I've been a dedicated user for the last 20 or so years
Something unusual just happened. At around 2:10 pm EST TheBat stopped working and produced the same error message related to TLS certificate expiration as before. The condition was cured by copying new RootCA.ABD file into the %email% directory, over the file of the same name residing there.
What was that about? How long is the new certificate good for? Is this going to re-occur? Any comments from TheBat team would be greatly appreciated
A note of thanks. I had this problem, and the clear five-step solution given in https://www.ritlabs.com/en/news/7666, as mentioned in the red note at the top of this page, seems to have fixed it completely.
What confused me was (using POP3 on all devices): * Everything was working perfectly on our Androids, using the Maildroid app. * The Bat! was working perfectly, on both our PCs, with gmail.com, mailbox.org, and optusnet.com.au (an Australian telco). * The Bat! was failing, on both our PCs, in mailboxes on the two Namecheap domains placed with VentraIP (an Australian email host).
Naturally I thought it was VentraIP's problem, and so did they --- I knew that there were problems all over the internet with the expired certificates, Then after a couple of days getting nowhere, I went to the the Ritlabs Forum and found this solution (and I also send it to VentraIP).
I have no idea why The Bat! worked with three domains, but failed with the two domains placed with VentraIP, but I am not a techie, so it will remain a mystery.
I had the same with a UK provider (Tamba/BraveBear) and again it was that same Let's Encrypt issue. As others have done, I started by reporting this to the email provider and then fixed it properly yesterday follow the method given by RitLabs. I have reported the RitLabs fix back to the support people at Tamba so they can refer other users to it.