Pages: 1
RSS
office365 online

1. Is there any way to make TheBat remember the oauth autentication for a long while?  
    (Thunderbird used with the "owl" extension can do this)
  2. Is there any way to synchronise folders?
    Again, the aforementioned thunderbird can do this - for some reason when using The Bat / imap it does not fully work.  I've got many folders within the inbox, but only some default folders outside the inbox seem to show up.
    Edit: found this, you need to tick a zillion boxes to download all your folders.  Rather clunky and I've no idea why this isn't "ON" by default - that'd be the logical way.
Thanks

p.s. this wysiwyg editor isn't quite working; I've got a numbered list going above, but it does not show up in the final message...

Edit:
3.  Anyone knows what the SMTP settings are for office 365?  I can't get it to work.
Using microsoft-given details from here:
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/pop-imap-and-smtp-settings-8361e398-8af4-4e97-b147-6c6c4a...

I've tried both the same as incoming and separate settings - no go.

the log reads:
7/Oct/2021, 15:32:57: SEND  - connected to SMTP server
7/Oct/2021, 15:33:03: SEND  - WARNING: there were no compatible authentication mechanisms detected
Edited: Steve Horvath - 07 October 2021 07:35:03

This works for me:

Server: smtp.office365.com
Connection: Secure to regular port (STARTTLS)
Port: 25
Edited: Chris Ramsden - 07 October 2021 13:25:22

Thanks, there must be something else here as well.

OH, found it, finally.   And now it works with secure authentication on 587 as well.

There was another line in the logs:
!8/Oct/2021, 08:02:18: SEND  - Server reports error. The response is:  5.7.57 Client not authenticated to send mail. Error: 535 5.7.139  Authentication unsuccessful, SmtpClientAuthentication is disabled for  the Tenant. Visit https://aka.ms/smtp_auth_disabled for more information.

So yeah, microshit - in their infinite wisdom - disable SMTP by default, saying something like "all modern email clients support oauth sending" - thus one must enable the smtp sending for this to work.  

I'd still like to know if there's a way to speed up oauth and/or set it to remember your login for a month or so.  

Yesterday I had to log in after each restart, and it's slow as hell, and Bat can't even remember the password. :(
Edited: Steve Horvath - 08 October 2021 00:18:57

Steve Horvath wrote:
Yesterday I had to log in after each restart, and it's slow as hell, and Bat can't even remember the password. :(

It's your browser, not The Bat itself, that does the OAUTH verification, so maybe you should approach the problem from that angle. Do your browser and TB use the same credentials in Windows? Are you using any third-party apps that may be interfering with the browser, with the OAUTH process or with the access tokens that it saves?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks for the response.

Which one of my browsers is used within the bat?  I've got 3 installed.   The oauth does not launch a separate browser.  

The default browser is firefox, and I barely have to re-authenticate.
Edited: Steve Horvath - 08 October 2021 08:32:01

It should be the system browser, which I think is either IE or Edge depending on your Windows version.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

As I wrote my default browser is Firefox.  
However, when I try the button to open it in the system browser; it does not work.  

In fact sometimes - right now is one of those cases - it does not seem to work at all.   It connects to (or tries to connect to?) the appa.ritlabs.com domain in the end and hangs there (this is within the bat, not opening the separate browser).  
I can easily and without hassles log into microsoft online in firefox itself, mind.  No need for repeated credentials either.

So bat is using some browser object within the bat.  That solution never seem to remember the oauth token or the login details - which is exactly what I'm missing, compared to the thunderbird+owl combo.
Edited: Steve Horvath - 13 October 2021 01:48:11

It's not about what the default browser is. Firefox is not involved. As I understand it, the Oauth window is a component of either IE or Edge.

I don't know why your credentials are not remembered. Oauth seems to work just fine for Gmail users. Are there any settings on the Office 365 end that you may have to change? Have you contacted Support?
Pages: 1