Pages: 1
RSS
Viewing automatically in HTML

This is probably a simple thing but it's driving me nuts.

Until recently, any incoming emails was automatically viewed in HTML. Now, for some reason, that has changed to Plain Text and I have to click on the HTML tab to view incoming emails in HTML. Also, any outgoing emails I send in HTML appear as Plain Text in my outgoing folder unless I manually click on the HTML tab.

How can I change it so all emails are automatically viewed in HTML?

I do not use the latest version and there may have been some recent changes in this part, but I'd look under Options | Preferences | Viewer Editor.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Daniel van Rooijen wrote:
I do not use the latest version and there may have been some recent changes in this part, but I'd look under Options | Preferences | Viewer Editor.
Thanks for the reply, Daniel. Yes, I looked there and have everything set to HTML. Result = still comes out as plain text.... which it never used to until recently *sigh*

Sometimes it is useful to tell what version is used. Older versions may not work reliably as new Windows updates are applied. If you're using at least version 8 or 9, you might want to consider removing TB! (and registry entries) and reinstalling. Since you say it used to work properly, that may clear away any problems. Also, posting a graphic of your viewer/editor page can be helpful in convincing viewers that your problem isn't in the settings. Good luck.

I have the same problem as Justin Credible and I would be grateful if someone could explain how to adjust that the incoming mail can be viewed automatically in HTML. The Bat version is 9.4.5 Halloween Edition 64 bit.
This problem has occurred since the last update.

Thank you in advance for any help.

And I wonder about almost the same issue, but not about HTML, but about JS scripts.

John Miller wrote:
And I wonder about almost the same issue, but not about HTML, but about JS scripts.

I don't understand what you expect The Bat to do with .js scripts. Scripts as such do not produce visible output and The Bat doesn't execute them anyway?
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I am trying to ask in an other way: what determines the order of the lower tabs of the incoming mails?
I mean: HTML / Text or Text /HTML

Can't provide a solution. I'm on TB 9.4.5 and Win10 and do not have this problem. HOWEVER, I have not installed Win10 updates for several months, so there's an outside possibility that a recent Windows change broke something in TB.

Edward

Tibor Keres wrote:
I am trying to ask in an other way: what determines the order of the lower tabs of the incoming mails?
I mean: HTML / Text or Text /HTML

I can only answer that for the old v8.x that I am using (and a lot has changed since then in the layout):

In Options | Preferences | Viewer/Editor, there are settings for viewing of HTML+Text and HTML-only messages. For each, I can choose between HTML+Plain Text, and Plain Text+HTML.
Pages: 1