Pages: 1
RSS
Get new mail icon, Icon is greyed out in virtual folder

I have a virtual folder set up for a common inbox for all of my accounts.  I recently updated to the latest version of The Bat (9.4.5) and now the "get new mail" icon is greyed out.  Is there a setting I need to reset or how to get it to work in my virtual folder?  It is active in each account inbox folder but not the virtual folder.

Thank you.
Ann

I don't know the answer, but.. if there's an unread message in the virtual folder, there has to be an unread message in a regular folder (the virtual folder doesn't contain messages - it only contains pointers to messages in real folders). So, it would make sense to me if only messages in real folders can trigger the icon animation for new mail.

Edit: Never mind - I mistakenly thought you were speaking about the 'there's new mail' icon animation!
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

This appears to be (another) bug in the release. It hasn't been an issue for me, since all my accounts are IMAP, but I can see it's an inconvenience to switch to a regular account to click the icon for drop-down menu and then click 'get all.' This looks like something you may want to report to tech support, Ann.

david

Thank you, David.  Yes, it is a pain in the neck to have to go to each account to check mail.  I have about six different accounts.

Ann

OK, I got an answer from the support team.  The "get new mail" icon has been deactivated for the common/virtual folders.  You can still use the "tools" menu or "Alt+F2".  However, I did find an icon that could be added to the toolbar but it is the "send and check for all mail" icon.  I don't really need the "send" part of it but I will add that to the toolbar just for the "get all mail" part of it.

UPDATE:  I finally found the "Get New Mail for ALL" icon.  I added it to my main toolbar in my common/virtual folder and it works.  I don't know why it took me so long to find that one.  I thought that is what the icon said that I had added yesterday and when I went back to check it did say that, but apparently there is another one that works.  So, now I am happy that I have that back on my toolbar.  I hope this helps someone else, but probably I am the only one that could not find that particular icon.

Ann
Edited: Ann C - 14 November 2021 19:04:06 (added more information)

Ann, what happens when you press Shift down while you click on the regular 'Receive new mail' button?

In v8 and other versions this would get new mail from all accounts.

The icon also used to have a pulldown arrow right next to it with a 'Get new mail for all' option.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

I don't know, Daniel, because the icon was greyed out and I didn't know about holding down the shift key.  I just tried what you said and nothing happens.  The icon is still greyed out.  However, I added another icon that I found when I went through all the commands/actions and it is active when I added it to the toolbar.

Ann
Edited: Ann C - 14 November 2021 19:07:14 (added more information)
Pages: 1