Pages: 1
RSS
How to change default email address when choosing Message/New?

I have many email addresses in The Bat and a Combined Inbox set up.  When the Combined Inbox is selected, and I click on Message and then New, it opens up with one of my email addresses.  How do I change this to open with another of my email addresses?  Thanks!

Normally, when you right-click on a folder in the accounts tree, and choose Properties, you should be able to specify the default 'From:' name and address in the section 'Identity'. (or 'General' if you clicked on an account rather than a folder).  This should work for both regular and common folders. However if it's a plain virtual folder, then the From-details of the parent folder will be used.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thanks!  How do I change the parent folder for the Combined Inbox virtual folder, then?  

If it is a Common Virtual Folder, which doesn't have a parent, it seems that The Bat will use the From: details from whichever account you have assigned as the default for "mailto:" URLs. Right-click on the sender account of your choosing, press Properties and see the relevant option in the General section.
I volunteer as a moderator to help keep the forum tidy. I do not work for Ritlabs SRL.

Thank you, that fixed it!!!  Your help much appreciated
Pages: 1