Pages: 1
RSS
I want to come back!

I switched from The Bat to Outlook several years ago, but it’s time to come back. I loved The Bat and hated to leave it. I’m just not happy with how Outlook works with IMAP mail. Two things are giving me pause, though:

1. I need a calendar and task/to-do manager that integrates or at least is compatible with The Bat. Can anyone offer some recommendations? I use Windows 10.

2. I am not happy with Outlook’s OST file. My email server stores my IMAP mail, of course, and backs it it up securely. However, I’m a belt-and-suspenders kinda’ guy and would like to be able to back up my mail and address book locally. It sounds pretty redundant, but if I lose my email I am out of business. Would someone summarize how The Bat handles IMAP mail locally and whether it can be backed up, restored and re-synced with the server?

Thanks.

>> I need a calendar
Internal calendar will be available next year in TheBat! 10. This time you can store whole you calendar into .ics-file and import to some Google Calendar in a cloud, for example.

>> to-do manager
You can't wait this in TB!

>> and would like to be able to back up my mail and address book locally.
You can use it internal backup feature or backup by external soft like Acronis CyberProtect (ex Tru Image)

>> works with IMAP mail
My strong IMHO not use it TB! and IMAP together for working tasks. I do prefer pop3 and 5 minutes interval to check all my working emails. Nor my customers, nor my suppliers won't die if I won't see their emails immediately. TB! better works with pop3 and when you choose to save all the messages fully (this is too just my IMHO).

For non-working email-boxes I do use IMAP and Voyager. Just for fun, for have ability to help Voyager users here.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html

I concur on George's recommendation on POP. I use IMAP exclusively, but a 'belt and suspenders guy" will sleep better with POP, regardless of selected email client. To get an idea of new features, you may enjoy reading recent announcements at https://www.ritlabs.com/en/news/  - and most important, download the trial; there has been a lot of change in TB! in recent years.

George Salnik wrote:
>> and would like to be able to back up my mail and address book locally.
You can use it internal backup feature or backup by external soft like Acronis CyberProtect (ex Tru Image
Just to be clear, with The Bat, a user can back up the locally-stored IMAP cache and then if the server goes down, the user can restore the backed up mail and re-sync with a new server?

In my opinion, the unusable OST cache is a very big weakness in Microsoft Outlook.

David, thanks for the link to the recent announcements. That reminds me exactly why I liked The Bat so much. And, yes, using POP3 makes total sense, but I need the portability of IMAP and my personal mail server is designed for IMAP.
Edited: Glen W - 28 November 2021 18:57:41

>> Just to be clear, with The Bat, a user can back up the locally-stored IMAP cache and then if the server goes down, the user can restore the backed up mail and re-sync with a new server?
If you have downloaded fully emails, I think you can. Don't enable internet connection, copy all your emails into internal TheBat non-emailbox folders, enjoy.
Модератор. Не являюсь сотрудником RitLabs (I'm not an employee of Ritlabs). https://belrus.biz/vendors/ritlabs.html
Pages: 1